A Proud Moment

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: A Proud Moment

Postby jasenj1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Tough break for your friend! But if he "lost his family", this shows a wife who didn't stand by her husband and daughters who obviously didn't know what nudism was, just knew that "dad was naked in front of me a lot"

I'll agree on the need for a wife's support, but I'll throw in another cautionary angle: If the state/county social services people get involved, watch out! A social worker with a burr in their saddle can wreck havoc on a family - supportive or not. They can very selectively interview the children and twist the results.

Sorry to rain all over your "proud moment", NP. But we're pointing out that if someone in the family is hostile toward nudity, or if your kids talk to someone who is hostile, things can get ugly.

That being said, my wife and I are raising our daughter with plenty of casual nudity - not lounging around the house nude, but plenty of "incidental" nudity.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:00 pm

My older daughter (actually my second, the oldest doesn't live with us) is 23, the younger is 15. They were not raised in the naturist philosophy but we have had many long conversations with them about why we believe Naturism is good and right. I only began being nude around my younger daughter about 2 years ago, but she is fine with my nudity. She does not as of yet feel comfortable with her own nudity and said when we discussed visiting a clothing optional family camp that she would not go, so I think further discussion is in order. I have been nude around my older daughter since she moved back home about a year and a half ago, but she has many more years of bad teaching to overcome. I so wish I had found out about Naturism sooner.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:13 am

nakedpreacher wrote:My older daughter (actually my second, the oldest doesn't live with us) is 23, the younger is 15. They were not raised in the naturist philosophy but we have had many long conversations with them about why we believe Naturism is good and right. I only began being nude around my younger daughter about 2 years ago, but she is fine with my nudity. She does not as of yet feel comfortable with her own nudity and said when we discussed visiting a clothing optional family camp that she would not go, so I think further discussion is in order. I have been nude around my older daughter since she moved back home about a year and a half ago, but she has many more years of bad teaching to overcome. I so wish I had found out about Naturism sooner.
Naked Preacher

When my own parents visited a nudist resort with a family friend, I was mortified and absolutely did not want to go.
They were open to the idea of social nudity, but did not make a repeat visit to this or any other resort. Dad remained a home nudist, practicing in late evening, the only hours available to him.
A few years later, I came to appreciate social nudity, but yes it did take a few years for me to overcome the bad outside influence in my attitude about the body and nudity.
If you are faithful to the notion of naturism, the concepts may eventually have time to take hold in your more reluctant daughters. Find some balance between silent acquiescence and arm-twisting. Pray too!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:45 am

nakedpreacher, a quick search shows a number of hot springs in Wyoming, and surely some of them are clothing-optional. If you can't find one that suits you, though, and want a very positive first experience for your family, come to Valley View Hot Springs in Colorado (www.olt.org ). Yes, I promote Valley View any chance I can get! There are lodges and camping available, and there is no pressure to get nude immediately or at all, but it's all C/O all the time, a naturist's paradise. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nakedpreacher » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:58 pm

As I shared in another strip, we will be moving to South Carolina very soon and are even now packing up for this rather considerable move. As for clothing optional hot springs in Wyoming I don't think there are any that are official and Wyoming is very strange in their legal system. I know of a man who was sent to prison and has to register as a sex offender because he stopped to relieve himself and a woman and her daughter drove by before he was done. Though the child did not see his penis he was convicted of indecent exposure involving a minor. Not real keen on going to any place unofficial in Wyoming. We had looked at Orvis hot springs in CO but now it does not appear that we will have time for anything of the sort. I do not anticipate having the time to visit any resorts before next season. Fortunately that begins very early in SC and it gives me time for further discussion with my daughters. I do however appreciate the recommendation.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:37 am

nakedpreacher wrote: I do not anticipate having the time to visit any resorts before next season. Fortunately that begins very early in SC and it gives me time for further discussion with my daughters. I do however appreciate the recommendation.
Naked Preacher

Yes, some places never close for the winter. Hot tubs replace swimming pools in the off season, but clothing is not always needed on mild winter afternoons.

A friend of mine took his daughter to the AANR youth camp at Cedar Creek RV Park just west of Columbia (right in the middle of the state) and was very pleased with it.

Boyd Allen and his wife used to be members of Travelites, a Columbia-based travel club as the name implies. Lots of fun events.

Depending on where you move, a couple of resorts in Georgia merit consideration:
Bell Acres and Serendipity Park, both of which have SC residents among the visitors.

In the far eastern part of the state, Whispering Pines is a good option.
It was site of the first Christian nudist convocation a decade ago. If I recall, they have a chapel on campus, but check with management to confirm.

I have no current information on Carolina Foothills Resort. Find out what you can from some of our SC members or just write Cheri with Travelites. She is a wealth of information.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:42 pm

Thanks Ramblinman. I have checked out Serendipity, in fact that is the one we considered. Carolina Foothills had a few turnoffs on their website. I plan on contacting Cheri with Travelites when we get settled and things slow down, if they ever do. This will be a completely new part of the country for me and I appreciate all the input I can get.
Naked Preacher
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:22 am

nakedpreacher wrote:.... Carolina Foothills had a few turnoffs on their website.
That statement piqued my interest, so I went to examine their site but failed to see anything that would be a turnoff, and was wondering what you saw in that category. Could I prevail upon you to elaborate?

nakedpreacher wrote:I plan on contacting Cheri with Travelites when we get settled and things slow down, if they ever do. This will be a completely new part of the country for me and I appreciate all the input I can get.

Naked Preacher[/quote] Early in my internet investigations of naturism I encounteree Cheri and Travelites, I have always had a positive reaction to them.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:14 am

nakedpreacher wrote:Thanks Ramblinman. I have checked out Serendipity, in fact that is the one we considered. Carolina Foothills had a few turnoffs on their website. I plan on contacting Cheri with Travelites when we get settled and things slow down, if they ever do. This will be a completely new part of the country for me and I appreciate all the input I can get.
Naked Preacher

10 years ago, I made acquaintance with one of the founders of Carolina Foothills and he mentioned some issues that displeased him. I don't want to get into details here, but a lot can happen for better or worse in 10 years so as I said, I have no current information on that place.

I love Serendipity! Is it perfect? No. But there is no reason why a man couldn't take his wife, children, in-laws, invite his pastor and family and everyone have a splendid time.

Cheri is the real deal. Write her with confidence that she won't steer your toward any place dodgy.

You'll discover that nudity is overwhelmingly the sensible choice throughout the mild springs, long hot summers and warm dry autumns and intermittently during "winter" in South Carolina and surroundings.
In the peak of summer only a raving lunatic would wear clothes when out of public eye.
We might seek midday shade to protect our skin, or if you are out plowing fields all day one would wear something for practical reasons, but as a boy I wore nothing but a pair of short pants as I played in the woods, the creek or back yard. (We weren't naturists and didn't have private yards, but I was as naked as I knew how to be).

Here in the summer heat of the deep South, soles of bare feet toughen to leather, bare skin slowly turns brown and your kids live as God intended us all to live. On another forum, one fellow reports that he and his siblings never wore a stitch of clothes as children on their Tennessee farm. Neighbor kids would join them in skinny dipping in the creek behind their meadow. When adolescence arrived, the parents clamped down and the nude paradise ended.

Eden need not end for naturist kids with a private yard, particularly if other naturist families are there to help carry the nudist values into adulthood.

-- we was always naked, day and night, whenever the mosquitoes would let us -- the new clothes Buck's folks made for me was too good to be comfortable, and besides I didn't go much on clothes, nohow. Huckleberry Finn
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:32 pm

The turnoffs which I referred to were what appeared to be Lingerie dances in their photo gallery (I think) and this despite their clear statement that provocative dress (or dress of any kind) were prohibited. I spoke of it more in the strip Moving to South Carolina and my memory was fresher then. I haven't been back to the site since and I don't remember the exact details of the site or their wording in the rules but if you look up my posts on that strip you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. I was and am somewhat confused about lingerie dances since the purpose of lingerie is to titillate sexual interest and this most certainly does not coincide with the values of Naturism. I didn't get a lot of response to my inquiries on that strip about this issue. Maybe it is a subject for a new strip if one does not already exist.
Naked Preacher
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Family issues