The Latest from the family.

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Latest from the family.

Postby Petros » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:52 pm

I finally - it dates to 1986 - broke down and specifically enquired of my sister Diana. I will spare you the very round about and coded question, which she understood perfectly having a lot of experience of how I talk.

But here is her answer, lightly edited:

No, it is, as I had formulated for me a long time ago, okay to ask if it's okay to say no. I can tell you that I have neither a particular desire for nudity nor a particular dislike of it. I mostly just want to be comfortable, and to avoid making other people uncomfortable. So in fact I don't spend lots of time naked, but could if there were a reason for it. I feel much the same way about clothes - no particular desire to cultivate clothing as an art form, but no desire to stand out too much. I just want to be comfortable and avoid making other people uncomfortable. I wish to be able to do what I choose to do without compulsion or anxiety. Is this helpful?

This is pretty much - remember, I have known her as long as she has known me - what I would have expected after I saw her topless photo neither hidden nor emphasized. So that is something. It means there is one genuine family member with whom I can talk some of this. And that is good.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: The Latest from the family.

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:52 pm

Petros, I'm glad your sister, at least, understands and accepts the desire to be nude as yourself.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:29 pm

Yes, it's very good to have at least one family member who, if she does not share your passion, at least accepts it. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Really - I am now up to one relative I THINK is either where I am or okay with it, and now one I KNOW. And one friend I am sure would have been, but she is dead. This is truly big.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Personally, I think her position is that of many people - they don't really think about the issue of nudity, they are happy to live with whatever society does. If it were culturally acceptable to lounge around naked, they would; it's not (in the USA) so they don't.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:05 am

That is one take. She is, after all, the one who in high school tried to distance herself for the family reputation for being weird. Of course, her segment of society has had some features not fully mainstream - she is the one with the topless photo on her wall. But knowing her, even if I pressed her for details on under what circumstances she would be / has been comfortable nude I would not expect a straight and detailed answer.

Still, even at its lowest interpretation, this is far beyond what my other sister would ever say,
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:40 am

What I understand from your sister's statement, Petros, is that she's more concerned about other people's comfort than her own. Personally, I'm more concerned about my own comfort. Living in a nudist resort has given me the freedom I love--the freedom not to have to put on clothes to avoid offending anyone who comes to my home. Anyone who comes here knows that they will see nudity.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:11 pm

That is a true statement. Her style - she is for those who care ennea3 with 1 emulation - involves far more concern for the assumed opinions of others than is normal fofr me and clearly for you. Comfort for her begins with getting approval vibes out of others.

That said, for a good while in earlier years her working environment was a subset of the DC commune crowd. I would not at all be surprised if at least occasional and at least partial nudity was part of the cultural milieu, that I know included communal mattress-paved bedrooms.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Petros wrote:Comfort for her begins with getting approval vibes out of others.

I think that is true for many women and not so much for men for some reason. Hence the reason more men are comfortable with their own nudity than women.

Petros wrote:Really - I am now up to one relative I THINK is either where I am or okay with it, and now one I KNOW. And one friend I am sure would have been, but she is dead. This is truly big.

Well at least I think I have someone beat in that area. All of my relatives and my neighbors know that I prefer to be nude. While we were on vacation, we visited one of my sister's home in Wisconsin and another sister came down from Minnesota. Both of them and two of my nieces quoted Oscar Wilde, "If God would have wanted us to wear clothing, He would have made us that way.", and they all admitted to running around the house nude. 'Made me feel "special". :wink:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:07 pm

That unquestionably beats my family.

Often one wonders how they came up with me.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Family issues