Whale bread, Yum! (Scandinavia's most popular)

Got any favorite recipes you'd like to share?

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Whale bread, Yum! (Scandinavia's most popular)

Postby Whale » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:01 pm

Whale's Loafing... (2lb. Loaf)

My favorite all around bread! So, Lets get started...

WET: One and one/third Cups water, One LARGE egg

DRY: Four Cups bread flower, One and one/half Tablespoons sugar, One Tablespoon and one teaspoon gluten, One and one/half teaspoons salt (Gluten: either Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum)

YEAST: Two and one/half teaspoons SAF yeast -OR- One Tablespoon bread machine yeast

NOTE: Whale's secret ingredient (DRY POWDERED GINGER) Place with yeast (Three sprinkles) because it makes the bread rise/taste much better

Need Bread machine or strong hands then: the WET in the pan - the DRY on the WET, -Then the YEAST in a indentation on top, and lastly,- sprinkle GINGER!

Set machine Basic or French - leave in machine at end if a more crust is desired - let cool and breathe - tap loaf all sides - before cutting with serrated bread knife.

What's the tapping about? Hollow sound is the musical key to a perfect loaf. Whale say's Yum!
Whale
New Comer

Re: Whale bread, Yum! (Scandinavia's most popular)

Postby Petros » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:15 am

Recipes from Whale? takes me back to a recipe from the Kwakiutl I ran into long ago. Details I forget, but it was mostly blubber and blueberries.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Whale » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:13 am

Petros wrote:Recipes from Whale? takes me back to a recipe from the Kwakiutl I ran into long ago. Details I forget, but it was mostly blubber and blueberries.

This site may be of interest - i.e. Kwakiuti by whale
http://www.bigorrin.org/kwakiutl_kids.htm
Whale
New Comer

Postby natman » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:48 am

Petros wrote:Recipes from Whale? takes me back to a recipe from the Kwakiutl I ran into long ago. Details I forget, but it was mostly blubber and blueberries.

'Sounds, ummm.... yummy.... NOT!
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:26 am

Yeah, well, I cannot guess what the precontact Kwakiutl would have made of guacamole [which I for one find almost as appetizing as the blubber / blueberry compound].
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Recipes