move

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

move

Postby catgirl » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Well I really don't know what to say, but I'll do my best. I grew up in MT where my best friend lives, then I moved to FL where I met more girls my age, well not my age but close, and that was at the best church I have ever gone to in my whole life, and then I moved agian, to MS. And that was the hardest move I ever made. And I still don't have any friends so I hope I can make some friends on this website.

catgirl
catgirl
New Comer

Re: move

Postby natman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:10 pm

Catgirl,

It is ALWAYS tough to pack everything up and move away, leaving friends behind, ESPECIALLY in your teen years. However, you WILL find new friends, even in Mississippi. Just remember to ALWAYS show everyone your smile and that the best way to make a friend is to be one.

Oh, and keep in touch with the friends you had before as well. You never know when you will run into one of them.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby catgirl » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Thanks! That was really helpfull. Yes, it is really hard to move away from friends.
catgirl
New Comer

Postby jochanaan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Yeah, moving can be tough. But hey, we're here and we're cool! At least, most of us are cool. :lol:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby catgirl » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:11 am

Yeah. Thats true.
catgirl
New Comer

Postby satexsun » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:43 am

catgirl,

I grew up in one place and lived in th same house until I went to college when I was 18. Since 1997, on the other hand, we have had six different addresses. I know how you feel about making friends and leaving churches. Our church in San Antonio was the best that we have ever been members in and we have been tyring to find one like it ever since.

This last move has been particularly hard on my wife. She had to leave what she considered a dream job to move here to GA. We just have to make the best of where we are and consider why and who we are being sent to serve when we are moved someplace.

We are sent by God's plan to be ministers for Him. Make the best of your situation, for you may never know who you sent to be a witness to.

Your brother in Christ,

Larry
De Colores!! Sometimes He calms the storm, other times He calms the child.
satexsun
Native Resident

Postby ClosetPastor » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 am

Catgirl,

I know what its like to move when you are a teen. My dad was in the army, so we moved around a lot at times. Just remember you will find new friends, and like was pointed out earlier, keep in touch with your old friends. Trust me it is true you never knwo when you will run into them again. I ran into a friend that I hadn't heard from or seen since I was about 8. He just happened to be at an event I was at. I'm not sure how he knew it was me, but he did.
CP
ClosetPastor
Resident

Postby JDawg » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Catgirl,

If you want to chat and become friends just PM me. I'm always looking for more friends.

Joey
JDawg
Permanent Resident

The Silver Lining

Postby Ckin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:07 am

Catgirl,

Natman is right-on.
natman wrote:... you WILL find new friends, even in Mississippi. Just remember to ALWAYS show everyone your smile and that the best way to make a friend is to be one.
Oh, and keep in touch with the friends you had before as well. You never know when you will run into one of them.

We've moved twice in the last 5 years, leaving our old friends behind, then our new friends too. But we've learned from this experience a most important lesson: How to make new friends. Before moving, we had a nice big circle of friends. So even in church, we easily ignored newcomers, and were too busy to care much about the friends we had. That's big city life in general. After moving, it was either make new friends or just be lonely. So we all started reaching out to more people. So moving has really helped us a lot to be more friendly.

"If thou would have friends, show thyself friendly." [?]
-Ckin
Ckin
Native Resident

Postby Strandloper » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi, Catgirl –
as others have said, moving as a teen is tough.
I spent seven years at the same primary school (you might call it elementary school, but it goes up to Grade 7 in this country). I started high school when I was 12 (we don’t have junior high schools), but then my dad lost his job. After six months of job-hunting he went to join his father on the family farm.
So the following year my middle brother and I were packed off to boarding school in a part of the country I didn’t know, a long distance from home.
After that one year my mom and dad decided to send us to a much closer boarding school, but I had had enough, and I decided to go to the school nearest the farm. One difficulty: the school taught in Afrikaans, and I could barely speak the language. I knuckled under and learnt it. It was tough making Afrikaans friends, too.
My two brothers went to boarding school and were happy there. But for me being at home was more important.
You have a big advantage over me, though: you can keep touch with your friends through the internet.
It°s pretty handy, isn’t it?
Shalom,
Strandloper
Strandloper
Native Resident

Postby goodneighbor1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:28 pm

catgirl wrote:Well I really don't know what to say, but I'll do my best. I grew up in MT where my best friend lives, then I moved to FL where I met more girls my age, well not my age but close, and that was at the best church I have ever gone to in my whole life, and then I moved agian, to MS. And that was the hardest move I ever made. And I still don't have any friends so I hope I can make some friends on this website.

catgirl

Where in Mississippi might you live?

It just so happens I live in Jackson.

If you want, you're free to send me a PM, if you're still online.
goodneighbor1
New Comer

Postby MoNatureMan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Welcome from south central Missouri.

Why moving so much? Are you part of military family or jobs related?

Anyway great to have you as part of the group.

In Him
Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 am

catgirl last visited March 15, 2009.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:51 am

:argh:
My error. Only looked date of last post.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey