History of a Doctrine on Divorce and Remarriage

Ask the question you always wanted to ask, and were afraid to. There is no dumb question. Be courageous, for here you will find people ready to talk.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: History of a Doctrine on Divorce and Remarriage

Postby jochanaan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:46 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:Nathan, are you offering to be a matchmaker for all the bachelors here? :bow:

Quick, sombody send Nathan an 11 foot pole because I don't think he will touch that with a 10 foot poll.
Or even a 10-question poll! :lol:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:13 pm

Ramblinman wrote:
natman wrote:I praise God EVERY SINGLE DAY for my wonderful, godly wife. I wish ALL marriages could be like ours. The key, in my opinion, is that we have the same Master and Spirit. We truly are BEST FRIENDS and LOVERS and enjoy every moment we can be together.

Nathan, are you offering to be a matchmaker for all the bachelors here? :bow:

Would that I could. However, I wasn't even my OWN matchmaker.

I had NO idea about the woman who would become my wife. In fact, when I first met her, I didn't like her because she reminded me of my younger, brattier sister. She came to our church and assumed the position of voluntary secretary for our music minister. Whenever he would giver her a "command" to go get something or to make copies, she would stick out her tongue behind his back, in jest. As it turned out, we were both going through a divorce at the same time, although neither of us knew of the other at the time. We were both thrown away like pieces of human trash after twenty-plus years of marriage. I had a ministry for single moms and ended up helping her by cutting down a tree at her house and by doing repair work on her car. I was also the AWANAS leader for her boys and helped them with their pinewood derby projects. I had no idea, but we both had a plethora of friends and family praying for us to get together, including two of our pastor friends. Initially I was very angry because I had no idea, intention or inclination to meet and marry someone. In my mind, I KNEW that God was going to heal my marriage. I had no idea how wrong I was, but today, I could feel any more blessed.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby natman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:13 pm

jochanaan wrote:
Bare_Truth wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:Nathan, are you offering to be a matchmaker for all the bachelors here? :bow:

Quick, sombody send Nathan an 11 foot pole because I don't think he will touch that with a 10 foot poll.
Or even a 10-question poll! :lol:

Here I was thinking of a 10-foot tall man from Poland. :biggrin:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Well, at least pray that I be made worthy to sit on the porch with the apple of God's eye.
That will be the biggest miracle, that I be prepared for the job by his power and grace.
The Lord won't need a shot gun wedding with me and Miss Right.
I will go willingly to the altar.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Ramblinman, we are already inside God's Kingdom, for it is within us. If there is a woman willing to share her life with me, or with you, great! But we do not need a woman by us to be happy and effective servants of our High King. :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:26 pm

We'll see ,,,

not unlike natman, when things started to get interesting with Herself I was very reluctant, I had sworn I would NOT let myself be involved in anyway for at LEAST a year.

God proposes before man does.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:17 pm

jochanaan wrote:Ramblinman, we are already inside God's Kingdom, for it is within us. If there is a woman willing to share her life with me, or with you, great! But we do not need a woman by us to be happy and effective servants of our High King. :D

I think the forum format is hindering me from getting my point across.
I am not talking about salvation here.
Nor am I saying that I am unhappy. Far from it.
But wanting a family is something that God puts in the hearts of some of us.
If that doesn't describe you, I can respect your calling to singleness just as much.

I am also saying that I believe that if the Lord has a job for us, marriage or otherwise, it is wise to pray prior to accepting that job.
I am not hoping to become a lazy Snuffy Smith sleeping away on a stump in the back yard while his wife Loweezy works hard every day in the kitchen.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:06 am

Points well taken, Ramblin. :)
jochanaan
Councillor

Previous

Return to Unanswered questions about Christianity