Who Said iit is Wrong?

What does Christ teach about the issues of life? Make sure you back up your opinions with scripture, and always be courteous and polite in talking with others.<P>Only Permanent and Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Who Said iit is Wrong?

Postby Petros » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:13 pm

I don't do that, brother. I tried it and eventuall got to it, but something IS weird about the link.

This is a brief extract to start with - should be muchg more:

Maya or Māyā (Sanskrit māyā) literally means "illusion" and "magic".[1][2] However, the term has multiple meanings depending on the context. In earlier older language, it literally implies extraordinary power and wisdom,[3] in later Vedic texts and modern literature dedicated to Indian traditions, Māyā connotes a "magic show, an illusion where things appear to be present but are not what they seem".[2][4] In Indian philosophies, Māyā is also a spiritual concept connoting "that which exists, but is constantly changing and thus is spiritually unreal", and the "power or the principle that conceals the true character of spiritual reality".[5][6]

In Buddhism, Maya was the name of Gautama Buddha's mother. Maya is also the name of a manifestation of Lakshmi, the goddess of "wealth, prosperity and love", in Hinduism. For these reasons, it is a popular name for girls.[7]

Sorry about that
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:22 pm

Ramblinman wrote:
Petros wrote:The joys of multilingual homonyms.

That is no doubt true, but I ws pinting rather to > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_(illusion) <

Huh? Your link seems to lead to a blind alley...
I have been Petros-punked?
No, the article is there; you simply have to look down the page to the "Did you mean?" notice.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:26 pm

jochanaan wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:
Petros wrote:The joys of multilingual homonyms.

That is no doubt true, but I ws pinting rather to > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_(illusion) <

Huh? Your link seems to lead to a blind alley...
No, the article is there; you simply have to look down the page to the "Did you mean?" notice.

Nope, didn't see any specific article, but after clicking through several links, I found:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_%28illusion%29
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:09 pm

All of which proves all is maya
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:11 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Huh? Your link seems to lead to a blind alley...

I too tried Petros' quoted URL and experienced the same problem. However I went to my search engine (ixquick) and searched for the words "maya illusion" as separate lower case words, and the first hit was the wikipedia page. When I clicked on it I got the intended page as shown in this screen shot.
Selection_003.jpg

And you may notice that the URL in the upper left corner is exactly as Petros quoted it. (you probably have to click on the image to be able to read it.)

So in Petros's post it appears as: .............................................https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_(illusion)
But when I copy it from the screen and post it it comes out as: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_%28illusion%29

But when I copied it and pasted as a URL in this post there is a bunch of extra crap added. And I just cut and pasted the url from the wikipedia page but it appeared differently in this post. yet it works as I have posted it. Presumably the extra crap is to display the fund raiser header.

So I presume that Petros copied it when the fund raiser had not yet started and the whole confusion is not a Petros culpa but a Wikipedia culpa.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:53 pm

What I noticed was that Petros' original link missed a (parenthesis. :o
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:06 am

Sorry bout that

I guess you WERE punct
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:47 am

Petros wrote:Sorry bout that

I guess you WERE punct
:mrgreen: :like:
jochanaan
Councillor

Previous

Return to Christianity and Ethics