When in doubt

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

When in doubt

Postby Petros » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:04 am

We had a very full Christmas through New Years, overall positive but a killer in terms of time, energy and cash laid out.

So we were planning to sit back and bask in the silence this week.

You know where this is going, right? Monday, Tuesday, run run do do, till even Herself said forget eating out [a thing she does not willingly miss out on], we need to get home and collapse. Yesterday only one meeting, but today - two appointments [one for car, one for Canine Companion - with emergency replacement of a shot waterheater [that was fine yesterday] added on for good measure.

NOT my definition of R and R. But, when in doubt, assume God is in charge AND more competent than I am. We note that the water heater's death came just inside its warranty period, and the team got here earlierr than promised and were swift and efficient. And we note that he knows better than we what NEEDS to be done AND how much we can handle.

So, a quavery tired voice lifted in sincere praise. He has brought us through more than this.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: When in doubt

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:06 am

Well hopefully you'll finally get some well deserved R&R, Petros and Herself. Good to know the water heater was still under warranty.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:35 pm

We have has a pleasantly uneventful day. Nothing to look at - warmer temps on snow makers for grey and misty. But this is one time when no news is good news.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Our days have been busy, busy, busy since Thanksgiving; purchased a rent house in need of major renovations; preparations for Christmas; second job demanding new designs, location of suitable components, fabricators and assemblers; travel to support family; most recently trying to find a job and new home for our son (finally settled on he and our daughter's fiance' moving into our rent house temporarily) and taking care of a neighbor who had a heart attack; and preparation for a mission trip to Africa in a few months.

Today is the first day that I feel reasonably caught up, but that will be relatively short-lived.

We are trying to get everything done before we head off on a week-long vacation (cruise) where we will largely be out of touch with the rest of the world, including CNV. It seems that EVERY time we have gone away for any extended period of time, something happens; storms, power outages; lost telecommunications; etc. such that I am either unaware or unable to resolve the problem from afar.

Please pray that will not be the case this time.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:28 pm

natman wrote:...We are trying to get everything done before we head off on a week-long vacation (cruise)...
A nude cruise by any chance? :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:50 pm

jochanaan wrote:
natman wrote:...We are trying to get everything done before we head off on a week-long vacation (cruise)...
A nude cruise by any chance? :D

I could only wish. :?

The last cruise we went on had a clothing-option sun deck that I only found out about AFTER the cruise was over. :bigcry:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:41 pm

natman wrote:The last cruise we went on had a clothing-option sun deck that I only found out about AFTER the cruise was over. :bigcry:
:argh:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:05 pm

jochanaan wrote:
natman wrote:The last cruise we went on had a clothing-option sun deck that I only found out about AFTER the cruise was over. :bigcry:

No. "ARGHHH!" would have been on a Pirate ship, not a cruise ship. :mrgreen:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:46 pm

natman wrote:
jochanaan wrote:

No. "ARGHHH!" would have been on a Pirate ship, not a cruise ship. :mrgreen:
No timbers to shiver, huh? :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Worship in Praise