It is the first day in February

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

It is the first day in February

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Yes, I know that I am writing this on February 6th, but it is the 1st day in February nevertheless. As some may remember, I make it a point to get at least some nude naturist walks in my woods every month of the year, and have said that February is the hardest month to do that in. And this year has been no different. However, today, the 6th of February the temperature finally pushed up a degree or two above 60 in the sun and the wind was not too bad crossing the grassy field, and then I was in the woods. The breeze across the pond might have been a little cool seeing as how it was half covered with ice, but that was melting fast.

Today, I took my camera along as the last few woods walking days in January had be impressive and since the sun is still low in the south and the oaks have finally shed most of their leaves the shadow patterns in the woods were rather impressive. With the camera along, using a combination of either time delay or time lapse, I could set it up in areas where I was walking or working. And I got enough shots to make a small montage, which can be seen attached below.

From left to right and top to bottom
1st row.
-- the sun is in the SSW casting shadows through the nearly leafless oaks.
-- Looking along my south fence, my neighbor's cattle are grazing beyond my west fence.
-- As I return to my trails the sun in the south warms my back and shadows of branches decorate it.
-- If you noticed my wide arm stance in these photos, it is for balance because the clay on the trails is wet and slick and in this picture I am also descending one of my steeper trails and holding on to trees when available is a good way to return home without wearing some of the trail on your butt.
-- There is an abandoned county road bed at the back of the property and here it goes up hill
from the low point on my property.

2nd row
-- Lightening felled a 140 year old 60 foot oak early last fall and the way the sun was shining it was nice to sit on the stump and let the sun warm my back.
-- The clearing is fairly level but as slippery as things were, walking needed care, especially since there are all sorts of wild rose plants here and not only would a fall result in mud smears, those wild rose bushes have vicious thorns.
-- I decided to move the last large chunk of firewood I had sawn up from the tree, and at 70 lbs I decided to just flop it end for end and I was not about to hug the rough bark side or the splintery side to my chest and abdomen. Fortunately the lighting has split much of the larger branches and trunk..
-- Nearby I stopped at what is sort of an anomaly. The breeze was cool but this spot is at the junction of 4 trails and while the wind blowing from any direction ends up blowing along most of the trails, for some reason, in this open spot it barely blows at all, even on gusty days. It is kind of neat to just stand there on a winter day facing, or back to the wind and let the sun warm you if there are no clouds.
-- And finally after about an hours walk I turned up this trail to head for home.

It was a lovely "First Day in February" today :D :wink:

Bare_Truth
Attachments
1st_Day_Feb.jpg
1st_Day_Feb.jpg (110.04 KiB) Viewed 5377 times
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: It is the first day in February

Postby Petros » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:49 am

I sees the mud. Hain't no mud here for a couple months, here we slip and slide on frozen H20.

I have to ask:

The cap: fashion statement, idiosyncracy, keeping glare out of the eyes or insulating a hairless zone?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:23 am

Congratulations, Bare_Truth on "the First Day of February" hike in your woods. Looks really inviting.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:35 am

Petros wrote:......I have to ask: The cap:
A. -- fashion statement,
B. -- diosyncracy,
C. -- keeping glare out of the eyes
D. --insulating a hairless zone?

AND THE ANSWER IS:
C. -- keeping glare out of the eyes ----- At this time of the year!

-- During the bulk of the summer we add the the function of keeping flies off. Flies seem to think the bald spot is some sort of wound that they would like to lay maggots in and keep bouncing them selves off of it, and a cap prevents that. Better yet a full 360 degree brim straw hat works even better, as it covers all sides.

-- During the shorter season of gnats in the warm days of summer, the brim of whatever hat is used is placed as low as possible over the eyes. The gnats are drawn to the moisture of the eyes but gnats are not all that great at flying and tend to stay out from under the brim as it cuts off half of their manoeuvrable air space, and they do not seem to like the shade. and once again the full brim straw hat performs slightly better.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:08 pm

I am not yet [I thank my maternal genes, my father's side is good atdeveloping bald spots, but I wish I had gotten his teeth and knees, not hers] equipped with a landing field up top. As for the eyes, me specs seem to keep most flying critters at a distance, so in my cap wearing periods it has been simply for the shade f the bill.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm enjoying a nude 3-mile walk every day with the temps in the 70's to the low 80's, although it is a bit windier than I like. As long as the temp is high enough with the sun shining, it's a beautiful day. One of these days I'm going to the unused railroad tracks where I can walk for miles and not see any homes.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:53 pm

The High for the day was 79F and out the door I went as soon as I got home and brought stuff in from the car I checked the temperature and the clothing hit the bed, floor or laundry basket as appropriate. Lovely day, Lovely Lovely day! :D :mrgreen: :lol:

The footing was better though not quiet perfect, there were still soft squishy slippery places, though not quite universal like yesterday. Perspired slightly more so I took it right on down to a slow amble, wonderful conditions for meditation and prayer and thanksgiving.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:42 pm

Lookin' good, Bare_Truth! :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Jon-Marc wrote:I'm enjoying a nude 3-mile walk every day with the temps in the 70's to the low 80's, although it is a bit windier than I like. As long as the temp is high enough with the sun shining, it's a beautiful day. One of these days I'm going to the unused railroad tracks where I can walk for miles and not see any homes.

Jon-Marc,

I envy you the fact that you can go for a nude 3-mile walk every day. My wife and I had been walking 3.5 miles every other day until it got to be fall and I took on a second job to work from home in the evenings and at the same time wrenched my back. Now were are lucky if we get to walk together once or twice a week. Most of all, we live in a big and very conservative suburb of Houston where few would appreciate us walking without the "benefits" of clothing (even if there are none). :(

Surely your daily walks and sun exposure are helping with your diabetes and other health issues.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:34 pm

No - it is as of today close enough to the LAST day of February. But for this northerner this is MY first outdoor nudity of the year. Sunny warmer in the 50s though there IS a serious wind - not like the nasty north wind to two days ago, though.

So, walking for the sake of the Canine Companion and myself, I found myself out in the screened nook at the back of the property - totally unplanned, but off it all went - a little windy but not bad, There I was. I enjoyed it a while, did a bit of the work back there [I try to do SOMETHING every time I go there. Then - mindful that first time lasy year I overdid myself into a spot of sunburn, easy to do today - back on and resume the walk.

Rather gratified.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports