My mother is home

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My mother is home

Postby jochanaan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:12 am

My mother has gone home to be with her Lord. Thanks for all your prayers.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Re: My mother is home

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:31 am

Jochanaan, I'm sorry for your loss but know your mother is now at peace.

Jim
Last edited by JimShedd112 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:25 am

I missed this last night. A time for processing. Always the separation, but tempered by awareness of the other side. Mngu amweke pema peponi.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:00 am

Lord,
I pray for Jochnaan and his family. I thank you that though we mourn, we do not mourn as those who have no hope. I pray that the sting of loss would be replaced by the joy of their memory of the good gift that you have given to us all in our mothers. I pray that your peace, which passes understanding will flood each of their hearts. I pray for his father that you would fill the empty space which is left by her loss with the comfort of your Holy Spirit. For him and his siblings that you would be for them their mother in her absence. I pray that you will remind them of the hope which awaits them in their true home, that you await them their but she does as well.
I pray this Lord Jesus in your name
Amen
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:09 pm

It hurts to lose a parent, no matter how old, no mater how painful those last days were for her.
But it is not good to be have one foot in this world and one foot in the next.
We prayed either for her to come roaring back in full recovery, or for her soul to fly to Jesus' arms
awaiting the resurrection day and our joyful reunion with our brothers and sisters in Christ and the fullness of HIS presence in our midst.
Sharing your moment of grief, looking forward to an eternity of rejoicing.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:20 am

My condolences Jochanaan. But it's great to be able to rejoice that she had a relationship with Christ. Praying for God's comfort for you and your family.
naturist
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:23 pm

I too wish to offer my condolences for your loss. Both of my parents are gone. Unfortunately, I do not know whether they accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior before they died. I am hopeful that I will see them again in Glory. If you know that your mom was saved, then that truly is a blessing.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby webmeister » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:39 pm

Your memories of her love will live on in your heart and mind. So sorry to hear...
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:48 pm

So sorry to hear, Jochanaan, but thankful that we do not mourn as those who have no hope... God's blessings and comfort to your family. :cross:

Warren
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:08 pm

Thank you all. She had been declining for some time, and was most definitely ready to go. Therefore much of my and my family's grief has already been grieved, and we are at peace, knowing that we will see her again.

Her funeral was this past Saturday, and it was beautiful. I played, of course. :) There must have been nearly 200 people there, and a good third of them were her family. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nakedpreacher » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:29 pm

That is the proof of the hope which our faith gives us, that we can say that a funeral was beautiful, and we are right in saying so. God bless you and be with you, I have and will continue praying for you and yours.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise