Nude 5k BAREFOOT

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Nude 5k BAREFOOT

Postby jjsledge » Wed May 18, 2016 7:00 am

Oaklake Trails 5k was Saturday and I noticed the road was easier than other resorts as far as the size of the crushed gravel and was packed "smooth" in a lot of places and then I also noticed that lush grass grew along the edge of the road. The race started and I walked along the edge of the road to where the gravel ended at the start of Trail 7. I soon had to pick my way through a patch of flint (as in arrow heads) thinking "this must the worst spot I'll have to deal with". Then I came to several places that had a hard gravel like sandstone that I was able to pick my way through. Some small flat stones to step on and the edge of the trail gave some relief, but I had already come so far, so I kept going. At the 3k post I was pretty sure I could make it and was just stubborn enough to trudge on. Another young man who had considered racing barefoot, but chose to wear his Xero shoes, came running back to check on me and my progress, assuring me that the worst was past and I was able to complete the 5k in 1 hour 13 minutes and 6 seconds. There were 4 participants behind me, so I wasn't last this time. Guess I'll be bragging about this for years to come. At age 67 I guess that was one on my bucket list.

Jerry Sledge
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Re: Nude 5k BAREFOOT

Postby Petros » Wed May 18, 2016 7:13 am

I am reliably informed that 5K = 3.10685596 mi.

That compares favorably with my measured 4 mph on well paved highway with shoes and longish legs at age 24. From what you say of the roadmetal, and the age differential, I think you are entitled to feel a quiet glow of satisfaction.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu May 19, 2016 2:31 pm

Petros wrote:I am reliably informed that 5K = 3.10685596 mi.

That compares favorably with my measured 4 mph on well paved highway with shoes and longish legs at age 24. From what you say of the roadmetal, and the age differential, I think you are entitled to feel a quiet glow of satisfaction.

Bare feet on a man-made surface does not duplicate the natural conditions for which we were designed.
I would not feel badly about wearing shoes in such conditions.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu May 19, 2016 2:51 pm

In the case of my measured jaunt, stepping off the paved surface would not have helped, bareoot or shod. If the way from Nairobi downtown to Kenyatta airport in the dry season approximated Edenic conditions, Eden wasn't that much fun.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu May 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Petros wrote:In the case of my measured jaunt, stepping off the paved surface would not have helped, bareoot or shod. If the way from Nairobi downtown to Kenyatta airport in the dry season approximated Edenic conditions, Eden wasn't that much fun.

I recall happy childhood summers without shoes or shirt (shorts only). Had social conditions allowed, I could have dispensed with clothes entirely in perfect comfort until sometime in October.
It takes time to build up foot leather. By summer's end, it can be rather thick!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Fri May 20, 2016 1:48 pm

I doubt that I will be able to do the next two 5ks barefoot. There will be much larger crushed rock and longer jaunts on these roadways. Due to erosion from recent rains even some areas of the nature trails have been filled in with crushed rock.

A follow-up email said that I came in 3rd in my age group, but confusion at the awards ceremony kept me from getting a medal. Another gentleman was placed in my age group and took 1st, placing the rest of us one step back. I doubt I will get a response from my return email as they are known for not returning phone calls or answering emails.

The resort is huge and there was a much younger crowd that what I usually see at such events.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri May 20, 2016 3:24 pm

jjsledge wrote:I doubt that I will be able to do the next two 5ks barefoot. There will be much larger crushed rock and longer jaunts on these roadways. Due to erosion from recent rains even some areas of the nature trails have been filled in with crushed rock.

A follow-up email said that I came in 3rd in my age group, but confusion at the awards ceremony kept me from getting a medal. Another gentleman was placed in my age group and took 1st, placing the rest of us one step back. I doubt I will get a response from my return email as they are known for not returning phone calls or answering emails.

The resort is huge and there was a much younger crowd that what I usually see at such events.

Jerry, congratuations on a job well-done regardless of the glitch!
By the way, if 5-k races and stuff like it is getting younger folks to try naturism, then I hope the owners will adjust their social calendar to include more sports, unless they don't want young adults to come! :lol:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sun May 22, 2016 12:02 am

5 K is not very far for a hike. I took off once and did 4 miles in one hour (walking time) and that was rough unmaintained logging roads. I say walking time because it was actually 1.25 hours. after about 2 miles my route went up a mountain with some hundreds of ft elevation rise inside a mile or so, maintaining a 4 mph walk was not possible so I stopped and sat down for 15 minutes. I didn't know how far it was to start with, but I know it was a mile back to a certain point, and I hit that point right on 15 minutes into the hike, and then maintained the same rate. I had left a vehicle at a friends house on the other side of the woods and was returning to drive it home. My opinion says a 5 mile walk would be minimum, 10 miles more like an easy days walk if the path or road is fairly easy, once some conditioning is in, 25 miles in 8 hours is not too hard. I do 5 in two hours without roads or trails to follow, just off through the woods rough terrain. But now I realize being I work outside and walk a good bit I'm going to be a good bit fitter than someone who lives a more sedentary lifestyle. After driving truck 3 months and only getting minimal exercise occasionally, I noticed a difference, I couldn't walk up to hill going back on my place like I could before. But after being home a while and doing it regular, I was back to normal, able to walk it at a steady pace nonstop. Probably a quarter mile up a fairly steep hill, couple hundred ft elevation rise I'd guess, maybe 250.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon May 23, 2016 11:30 am

How are your feet now, Jerry?
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby jjsledge » Tue May 24, 2016 6:33 am

My feet are fine, no cuts, bruises or other ailments. Past two weeks have been rainy and have spent a lot of time indoors and feet are beginning to feel more tender.Need to get back outside.
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue May 24, 2016 10:32 am

jjsledge wrote:My feet are fine, no cuts, bruises or other ailments. Past two weeks have been rainy and have spent a lot of time indoors and feet are beginning to feel more tender.Need to get back outside.
You'd think the LORD meant us to be active or something! :lol:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby webmeister » Tue May 24, 2016 10:38 am

jjsledge wrote:Oaklake Trails 5k was Saturday and I noticed the road was easier than other resorts as far as the size of the crushed gravel and was packed "smooth" in a lot of places and then I also noticed that lush grass grew along the edge of the road. The race started and I walked along the edge of the road to where the gravel ended at the start of Trail 7. I soon had to pick my way through a patch of flint (as in arrow heads) thinking "this must the worst spot I'll have to deal with". Then I came to several places that had a hard gravel like sandstone that I was able to pick my way through. Some small flat stones to step on and the edge of the trail gave some relief, but I had already come so far, so I kept going. At the 3k post I was pretty sure I could make it and was just stubborn enough to trudge on. Another young man who had considered racing barefoot, but chose to wear his Xero shoes, came running back to check on me and my progress, assuring me that the worst was past and I was able to complete the 5k in 1 hour 13 minutes and 6 seconds. There were 4 participants behind me, so I wasn't last this time. Guess I'll be bragging about this for years to come. At age 67 I guess that was one on my bucket list.

Jerry Sledge

WOW that is great Jerry! You are a runner. I read about the Bare 5k series around the US and it is on my bucket list! My prayer is some day my bride will approve of me running a naked 5k as she is against social naturist interaction...HAVE FUN!
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue May 24, 2016 10:59 am

webmeister wrote:
jjsledge wrote:Oaklake Trails 5k was Saturday and I noticed the road was easier than other resorts as far as the size of the crushed gravel and was packed "smooth" in a lot of places and then I also noticed that lush grass grew along the edge of the road. The race started and I walked along the edge of the road to where the gravel ended at the start of Trail 7. I soon had to pick my way through a patch of flint (as in arrow heads) thinking "this must the worst spot I'll have to deal with". Then I came to several places that had a hard gravel like sandstone that I was able to pick my way through. Some small flat stones to step on and the edge of the trail gave some relief, but I had already come so far, so I kept going. At the 3k post I was pretty sure I could make it and was just stubborn enough to trudge on. Another young man who had considered racing barefoot, but chose to wear his Xero shoes, came running back to check on me and my progress, assuring me that the worst was past and I was able to complete the 5k in 1 hour 13 minutes and 6 seconds. There were 4 participants behind me, so I wasn't last this time. Guess I'll be bragging about this for years to come. At age 67 I guess that was one on my bucket list.

Jerry Sledge

WOW that is great Jerry! You are a runner. I read about the Bare 5k series around the US and it is on my bucket list! My prayer is some day my bride will approve of me running a naked 5k as she is against social naturist interaction...HAVE FUN!

Webmeister, we can all be stubborn about new ideas, but if you are faithful to the light, stubborn in prayer, great things can happen in the long run.
I have often said, "If naturism were what its detractors said, I would be against it too". But God sent person after person to my life to show me a better way, much like he did with my salvation a few years prior.
God wore my resistance down and I finally listened.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Tue May 24, 2016 4:55 pm

:-D :-D :-D
Ramblinman wrote:
webmeister wrote:

Jerry Sledge

Webmeister, we can all be stubborn about new ideas, but if you are faithful to the light, stubborn in prayer, great things can happen in the long run.
I have often said, "If naturism were what its detractors said, I would be against it too". But God sent person after person to my life to show me a better way, much like he did with my salvation a few years prior.
God wore my resistance down and I finally listened.

Thank you for that good word Ramblinman...and maybe if I am real stubborn I will someday run a whole marathon without a stitch on :)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports