My wife lives with a naked guy

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: My wife lives with a naked guy

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon May 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Petros wrote:Sounds good.

Indeed it does

Petros wrote:Do you work well together?

Results may Vary

Petros wrote: Herself's sense is that I am difficult.

I am quite confident that you are not married to "my identical twin sister in law" because she lives in Michigan! But given this and other similarities you have cited previously, I think that there must be a particular sort of woman who can cope with the likes of us!!!
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu May 26, 2016 11:31 am

Bare_Truth wrote:I believe that the situation has advanced to the point that seeing me nude or nude and working is now so routine that it is no particular deal, and if her work happens to coincide with mine as to time and place, that me being nude has reached the point of being "Natural", just another part of how we live our life.

I see this as a hopeful step in that at least a certain amount of nudity is unremarkable and just a part of how we live, and not some exceptional big deal. Since gardening is an optional activity for us, (we could easily buy all the food we need), then growing our own is "optional" and therefore in some sense "recreational". If then, this can morph into something that is explicitly recreational, e.g. going to a resort that is CO except some areas, then perhaps the next step would be her taking part in those exceptional activities (e.g. Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna ....) nude. That would be a joy. :D

Bare_Truth,

I think that the key to your success so far has been "consistency". As long as your wife see that working nude when practical is a consistent part of your life and not merely some WEIRD WHIM you are going through, she will be more likely to accept it and even, eventually come along side of you.

Good work.

Also, I and totally enjoying your logs about your farming practices and would enjoy them regardless of your state of dress. The fact that you are able to do so in your "Natural, God-given gardening attire" just makes it all the more interesting.

THANKS!
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Thu May 26, 2016 11:38 am

I think that there must be a particular sort of woman who can cope with the likes of us!!!

I think Herself would concur. I am very glad to say that while I am puzzling and - she will tell you - maddening to work with, we do rather well.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Thu May 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:I was out in the garden planting pole beans and forming the poles up into "teepees" to give them wind resistance. I had just planted the beans and was starting this work with the poles when she also came out to the garden to plant some tomatoes and bell peppers. Joining me in garden work is just something that likely does not happen unless I have requested her assistance. Joining me in any sort of work while I am nude...... I am not sure I can remember that ever happening before.

As I do organic farming, I appreciate hearing about your techniques. What advantage do you find in teepees over trellises for pole beans?

I wish I had the opportunity to garden nude also, but disapproving neighbors are too near.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu May 26, 2016 10:19 pm

Jim wrote:.....What advantage do you find in teepees over trellises for pole beans?
several actually. To site the Teepee I first dig a hole about 2 feet across. I make this fairly deep, pile the dirt around the rim to raise it, and fill the pit with mulch/compost. 6 Bamboo poles are set around it about 18 inches deep and tied together about 5 feet above the ground. The mulch pit becomes an organic spongeIand the beans climb the poles and shade the pit to reduce evaporation. I try to avoid spraying water on my plants leaves unless they are wilting as it is humid much of the spring and summer and I do not want to promote mold problems. I water the garden with an open hose, no nozzle, and I get the job done faster that way. I am doing flood irrigation into mulch filled trenches, or pits as noted for the bean teepees and the watering does not need to be done that often and weeds don't grow very much under thick mulching and the leaves shade the ground and mulch.

Because I am growing several bamboo groves I have all the poles I need. Because the teepees have a round base they are quite strong against the wind and resist wind from any direction and at harvest time, all I have to do is cut the poles at ground level with a lopper, collapse the Teepee and carry it over to the shade to pick off the pods. (I am growing dried beans on the teepees.) The tiller takes care of the butts of the poles in the ground when I till the plant trash under in the fall and sow my green manuer crop that comes up enough to hold the soil in the winter and grows in the early spring to be tilled in to supply organic components to the soil. I also throw the old bamboo poles into the garden and till them under too.

Another trick I sometimes do with the teepees is to array them in a square or rectangle, etc, and then place horizontal poles from one apex to another. The beans then grow up to the apexes and then start across the horizontals, producing an arbor effect, the teepees should be a little taller for this to give a bit more head room to walk under therm. I am doing a trellis in one area this year because there was only a place for a row, but I am not sure how well it will work as it is broadside to the prevailing wind.

Jim wrote:I wish I had the opportunity to garden nude also, but disapproving neighbors are too near.
I understand the problem. When we first came here there had been a garden in the side yard on the south side of the house. Our bamboo groves were not developed and there was no privacy from the road. It was as I got better acquainted with our land that I realized that the soil there was not all that great and after gaining some familiarity with the land I realized that well behind the house (30 to 50 yards) the soil was much better. It was pretty much out of sight from the neighbors, and nude gardening would be possible. My bamboo is now getting very well developed and I am very well visually shielded so that I do not have so much worry about offending the textiles. There are only a few thin spots left in my privacy and dust shield on the east side and most of those are filling in this year, and only one gap that I have to fill with new planting. Of course, when I was looking for a place to put the tractor shed, probably the best position gave me even more shielding.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:02 pm

Wow! it happened again! The garden is coming along nicely and now that everything is up, we could do detail hoe work to take out the sprouting small weeds (mostly grassy sorts) and then do detail mulching around the plants or pathways. For the detail work we mostly use mower clippings that have either dried or rotted.

She came out (in textile mode) shortly after I started (Naturist mode) and I moved about 60 gallons of wood chips (about 1/2 rotted by now)for her to use. She was working on the plants she usually tends and I on the others.

She arrived shortly after I started and we worked for about an hour or maybe 90 minutes in the evening. The relative humidity was about 100% and it even started to rain lightly. The cool drops felt good on my skin and helped to dilute the sweat that was running down my body. I kept on working and did not miss a beat. She stayed too, and I was wondering if she realized the advantage I had in being nude in the rain. I think she may have realized it at some level.

Getting this touch up mulching done was important especially now that we had done the hoe work on the emerging weeds and she stuck it out with me. The rain did not get too heavy and then it quit. I might have worked out better if it had gotten heavier. But the big joy was working side by side on a joint project for an hour or two and I got to do it nude. It is becoming the natural routine.

We have some fix up work to do in the house soon where a roof leak that developed had damaged the paint on the ceiling and one wall. I will be doing that nude, (the only way to do indoor latex painting, no paint spattered clothes and the personal clean up is easy too, especially if you put Saran wrap on your glasses :wink: )

Ahhh, If only I could get her to do the work nude, but I think I will have better luck getting her to a CO resort, but this time I need to get it to be when there are plenty of naturist women there, to entice her into trying it.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:26 am

Bare_Truth wrote:... but I think I will have better luck getting her to a CO resort, but this time I need to get it to be when there are plenty of naturist women there, to entice her into trying it.

Aim for 4th of July weekend or Labor Day weekend.
Lots of families, womenfolk in abundance will be there.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Family issues