very gradual

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

very gradual

Postby DaveT » Sun May 20, 2012 11:48 pm

I was born into a fairly conservative Christian family, educated in all the right ways, baptized at age 11 with mental consent to the doctrines. But unconverted. Until around age 17 I just didn't care about it at all. I wanted to appear genuine to other people and so did all the right things on the surface, but inside and privately I was spiritually dead. I guess the worst thing I did was some shoplifting during my teenage years which I did my best to pay back within a couple years of beginning conversion.
At around 17 I heard my mother give a bible study on prophecy and it's fulfillment, and that started to wake me up spiritually. The growth has been gradual ever since with an occasional boost and a few high points. Until I'm thoroughly in love with my Lord with great desire to be pure in mind and body. To work for Him in whatever capacity He designates is the no. 1 desire of my life.
I think the highest experience I ever had was after I'd prayed for specific instruction as to what the Lord wanted me to do in life. One morning as I was waking up He showed me what His joy was like. The joy that carried Him through the terrible cross experience. A joy that has it's roots in infinite love. It's His joy of being able to rescue us from sin to enjoy an eternity of peace and joy with Him. I can tell you it's the most powerful driving force that exists in the universe. It's the joy that every one of us will share with Him when we get to heaven and realize what eternity in God's tropical paradise means.
Absolutely awesome, it made all the things we enjoy in this world seem like so much foolishness, it left me with no other desire than to share that joy with others and gave me a deep love for people and strong desire that they be rescued for eternity, something that I always knew I should have but didn't know how to get it. Basically I believe God was calling me to evangelism, not the usual kind, since I have absolutely no talent with speaking. My mind is slow with words. There are other ways. Some of them may seem strange, unthinkable to some devout Christians. But I'm open for anything the Lord may lead me into no matter how weird it may seem. But I have to be sure the Lord is leading before diving into anything. ---------------- signed RDT
DaveT
Native Resident

Re: very gradual

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:36 am

Dave, thank you for sharing.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon May 21, 2012 3:20 pm

DaveT wrote:Basically I believe God was calling me to evangelism, not the usual kind, since I have absolutely no talent with speaking. My mind is slow with words. There are other ways. Some of them may seem strange, unthinkable to some devout Christians. But I'm open for anything the Lord may lead me into no matter how weird it may seem. But I have to be sure the Lord is leading before diving into anything.

Okay. You have peaked our interest. Please tell us what some of the "strange" and "unthinkable" way are that you are speaking about.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby DaveT » Mon May 21, 2012 8:53 pm

strange, unthinkable, like being here, and possible further association with the likes of y'all. LOL! some of my close associates would be horrified. They don't have to know. I have no burden to try to convert them or anyone to something that's not a requirement for salvation. But some of them would be incapable of comprehending how runnin around with nothin on could possibly be compatible with Christianity or even a slight benefit as I am beginning to realize. (much to my astonishment I could add)
One of our most prominent church evangelists has stated that the desire to be naked is of the devil, (he lived naked for some time before being converted, but as a hermit) and I sort of thought he might be right, but I'm not so sure anymore. On one level it may be, but on another maybe not. I'm trying to analyze my own experience on that issue, and asking my Lord to get his input, since I'm not going to be satisfied with man's opinion on anything that could affect my walk with Him.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby wearingair » Mon May 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi Dave I have gone through a good bit of discernment about this also, with the worry of losing grip on the Jesus's hand. If you wish you can read my story on my web page http://wearingair.tripod.com The people here and on the other site have been a hug help in the process and I feel very comfortable with naturism now. They also gave me a link to a blog site that was a big help http://thebiblicalnaturist.blogspot.com/

Anyways welcome to the Village again :D
wearingair
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Tue May 22, 2012 7:11 am

Dave

If you are up for a little trip to Texas you can meet up with the North Texas Christian Naturists group. We are meeting at Bluebonnet Nudist Park near Decatur, TX June 15 & 16. Bluebonnet has posted our flyer on their site. We are not a large group but have had 20 to 30 people, including kids, at previous meetings.

http://www.bluebonnetnudistpark.com/home

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue May 22, 2012 10:17 am

jjsledge wrote:......If you are up for a little trip to Texas you can meet up with the North Texas Christian Naturists group. We are meeting at Bluebonnet Nudist Park near Decatur, TX June 15 & 16. Bluebonnet has posted our flyer on their site....

Jerry, I went to the Bluebonnet site and found the flyer. The flyer appears to be an open invitation :D and Bluebonnet is one of the resorts that I would like to consider for venturing out into social nudism. It would be a bit of a drive , but doable If I could make the rest of the logistics work out (doubtful :( , but hope springs eternal :D :wink: ). However I notice the event is set up for Friday/Saturday and for that long a trip I would want to make it a whole weekend. What's up for Sunday if anything? Am I correct in surmising that your group is diversely multi-denominational hence everyone goes to the church of their choice on Sunday and after that it is time to go home? This leaves me guessing that the program for the event goes something like:

## Friday
-- Get away from work as early as practical
-- Get to the park late on Friday
-- Evening -- POTLUCK! :D
-- Fellowship til you drop!
## Saturday
-- AM Slow pace laid back morning
-- Lunch time -- POTLUCK! :D
-- Frolic (e.g. swim, hike, sports, & Fellowship etc.) on into the evening
## Sunday
-- early AM :?:
-- Chruch of your choice
-- PM Pack up :(
-- Go home :cry:
## Monday :roll:
-- Back to work
-- reminisce when practical
-- think about next event

Ok, is it something like that, or more organized, or less organized? Please amend, add, delete, edit etc. so we have a more precise picture of the event.

Realistically, I probably won't make it this time, :(
But the more I think about opportunities the more likely I will find one that works. :D
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Tue May 22, 2012 2:00 pm

See bolded text.

Bare_Truth wrote:
jjsledge wrote:......If you are up for a little trip to Texas you can meet up with the North Texas Christian Naturists group. We are meeting at Bluebonnet Nudist Park near Decatur, TX June 15 & 16. Bluebonnet has posted our flyer on their site....

Jerry, I went to the Bluebonnet site and found the flyer. The flyer appears to be an open invitation :D and Bluebonnet is one of the resorts that I would like to consider for venturing out into social nudism. It would be a bit of a drive , but doable If I could make the rest of the logistics work out (doubtful :( , but hope springs eternal :D :wink: ). I have an extra tent (small) if you need one. However I notice the event is set up for Friday/Saturday and for that long a trip I would want to make it a whole weekend. Some may stay for Sunday (Fathers Day) but most will go to their own churches. Some of them are involved in ministry. What's up for Sunday if anything? Nothing is planned for Sunday. Am I correct in surmising that your group is diversely multi-denominational hence everyone goes to the church of their choice on Sunday and after that it is time to go home? I would guess that most will go home Saturday nite. This leaves me guessing that the program for the event goes something like:

## Friday
-- Get away from work as early as practical
-- Get to the park late on Friday
-- Evening -- POTLUCK! :D Probably just NTCN people (but we do invite others)
-- Fellowship til you drop!
## Saturday
-- AM Slow pace laid back morning w/some teaching /bible discussion
-- Lunch time -- POTLUCK! :D
-- Frolic (e.g. swim, hike, sports, & Fellowship etc.) on into the evening
Bluebonnet POTLUCK (normal saturday nite for BB)
## Sunday
-- early AM :?:
-- Chruch of your choice
-- PM Pack up :(
-- Go home :cry:
## Monday :roll:
-- Back to work
-- reminisce when practical
-- think about next event Definitly planning on more than once a year.

Ok, is it something like that, or more organized, or less organized? Please amend, add, delete, edit etc. so we have a more precise picture of the event.

Realistically, I probably won't make it this time, :(
But the more I think about opportunities the more likely I will find one that works. :D

If any one wants to attend they need to call ahead. Let them know you are meeting with us and you should get our group rate.

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:57 pm

Things have changed a bit. I'm solidly a naturist in heart, in good company with Adam and Eve before they sinned and Isaiah during that 3 year stint while he was a naturist by God's command. But still just home based being by my naked self while working in the woods preparing garden sites. In time I hope to develop better means of travel and get out to visit and do some social naturist time. I'm part owner of a trucking company, one truck, broke down at the moment. I drove for 3 months 2 years ago, and don't like the lifestyle. I prefer growing good food and work on the land. It's not all that comfortable in our world, heat and cold, insects that love to eat me. But it's rewarding when the harvest is good eatin, and the easy pace of peaceful work in and with nature can be pursued. Rest when I'm weary, dip in the water tub to cool off when I'm hot. Light a fire when I'm cold. If I can lead a soul to God to be saved in paradise forever, or aid one to improvement in health with some good food, life will have been worth living.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:34 pm

DaveT wrote:Things have changed a bit. I'm solidly a naturist in heart, in good company with Adam and Eve before they sinned and Isaiah during that 3 year stint while he was a naturist by God's command. But still just home based being by my naked self while working in the woods preparing garden sites. In time I hope to develop better means of travel and get out to visit and do some social naturist time. I'm part owner of a trucking company, one truck, broke down at the moment. I drove for 3 months 2 years ago, and don't like the lifestyle. I prefer growing good food and work on the land. It's not all that comfortable in our world, heat and cold, insects that love to eat me. But it's rewarding when the harvest is good eatin, and the easy pace of peaceful work in and with nature can be pursued. Rest when I'm weary, dip in the water tub to cool off when I'm hot. Light a fire when I'm cold. If I can lead a soul to God to be saved in paradise forever, or aid one to improvement in health with some good food, life will have been worth living.
It sounds as if only the circumstances have changed--not your heart for God and nudity. :)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey