My journey

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My journey

Postby Nudeuke » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:15 pm

I was less than a week old the first time I was taken to church and didn't miss very many weeks after that. I can distinctly remember asking Jesus to come into my life at the age of 7. Even though that was 51 years ago, I can still remember the time and place. The church was a major part of our family life while I was growing up.

While on a missions trip my senior year of high school I felt God was asking me to devote my life to full time ministry so, when I returned home I enrolled in Bible College where I met my wonderful wife. During the next 30 some years I have either served as a staff pastor or lead pastor at several churches.

My faith and walk with my creator has always been evolving. I used to have the whole "Christian experience" figured out but it seems like I am learning new things about God everyday. This is a very exciting time in my life!

:biggrin:
Nudeuke
New Comer

Re: My journey

Postby ezduzit » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:16 pm

Nudeuke wrote:I was less than a week old the first time I was taken to church and didn't miss very many weeks after that. I can distinctly remember asking Jesus to come into my life at the age of 7. Even though that was 51 years ago, I can still remember the time and place. The church was a major part of our family life while I was growing up.

While on a missions trip my senior year of high school I felt God was asking me to devote my life to full time ministry so, when I returned home I enrolled in Bible College where I met my wonderful wife. During the next 30 some years I have either served as a staff pastor or lead pastor at several churches.

My faith and walk with my creator has always been evolving. I used to have the whole "Christian experience" figured out but it seems like I am learning new things about God everyday. This is a very exciting time in my life!

Thanks for sharing your "voyage" with us. We all learn as we travel the "straight and narrow " .
Look forward to your input /posts on the many topics that we discuss
Ez
ezduzit

Postby prairieboy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Nudeuke wrote:My faith and walk with my creator has always been evolving. I used to have the whole "Christian experience" figured out but it seems like I am learning new things about God everyday. This is a very exciting time in my life!

Welcome. It seems like the more we learn the more we realize just how little we really know.
Gerald
prairieboy
Native Resident

Postby ezduzit » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:34 am

I`ve said many times "Its what you learn after you know it all that counts" :biggrin:
Ez
ezduzit

Postby jochanaan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:46 pm

It sounds like your experience with Jesus is similar to mine in that whenever I think I can be "comfortable" in my faith, He lets me read, see or feel something that takes me right out of that comfort zone! :shock: :D Welcome to growth in grace and knowledge. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby anramasu58 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Wow! That is fantastic. I will try and share some pieces of my story soon.
anramasu58
New Comer

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey