A short history of my Faith journey

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

A short history of my Faith journey

Postby anramasu58 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:53 pm

I was saved at 22 and did not immediately follow God. I was at a large gathering of believers when I was 25 and was called to the ministry. I did not follow God into the ministry immediately. I got married (and at that point) did not see that a Pastor could be married. I was kind of naive at the point in my life. Fast forward about 8 years and remarried to my current wife (25 years this month) get involved in crisis pregnancy ministry. Then about 5 years ago I was on the mission field in Haiti 1 year after the earthquake. I fell in love with the country and returned again in 2013.

I feel more alive today than I have in the last 20 years! Halleluia! :D
anramasu58
New Comer

Re: A short history of my Faith journey

Postby Jim » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:02 am

Thank you for the short testimony. I have a friend from Haiti. She and her husband went back there for a while after the earthquake. Where are you located now?
Jim
Native Resident

Postby anramasu58 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Seattle area. I see you are in Illinois. I was born and raised there and left after the Snow storm on New Years Eve of 1978. I must say that the gray skies of Washington do have a rather large affect on me here.
anramasu58
New Comer

Postby Petros » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:51 am

As they did on Nice Niece Liesl, as of this summer returned to her native Midwest,
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby prairieboy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:38 pm

anramasu58 wrote:Seattle area. I see you are in Illinois. I was born and raised there and left after the Snow storm on New Years Eve of 1978. I must say that the gray skies of Washington do have a rather large affect on me here.

The lack of sunshine in the wintertime is one of the reasons I have not been tempted to move back to British Columbia. Oh well, wherever we are we can choose to live in the SONshine.
prairieboy
Native Resident

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey