trip report; Cypress Cove

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

trip report; Cypress Cove

Postby nakedpreacher » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:26 pm

As you may know I have had only one experience at a Naturist venue, our anniversary trip to Living Waters Spa in Desert Springs CA. That changed this week, Through a series of circumstances, my family and I are traveling in our trailer and currently are in Orlando. (our new circumstances are the reason I have not been able to be on the forum much) My wife asked me what I would like for my birthday (Sept 17) and I said that I would really enjoy a day with my family at Cypress Cove. We did a lot of research before she felt comfortable with bringing the whole family, but we finally decided on a day and loaded up the car, not quite knowing what to expect.
We arrived at around 11:00 a.m. and took the tour, though there was really no question as to whether we would stay. One of my daughters and I disrobed immediately, my wife and other children were not as eager and changed into cover-ups and swim trunks. We went down to the lake where the kids took out a peddle boat and I took a paddle board (with some success) to give the more reluctant ones time to adjust, then went over to the pool after about an hour. On the pool deck, my wife and daughter remained in their cover-ups for a while but my boys stripped right down and jumped into the pool, excited to see how fast they could swim without the drag of trunks. Being the middle of September in FL the sun finally got to my wife and daughter and they removed their cover-ups and got into the pool. Later, we tried, nude Ping-Pong and nude pool in the game room, my wife and daughter however put their cover-ups back on. At the end of the day, it was unanimous that we would return on Saturday, however one daughter was not feeling well today so we agreed to return tomorrow after church. If only the people at church knew what we were doing after services.
We found the staff and facilities to be absolutely wonderful. The staff was very helpful and eager to ensure that we had a great time. The facilities were above and beyond what we expected. The regulars for the most part were a little standoffish. We did meet a few very friendly people. One lady helped us with the rules of shuffleboard, and a couple who we met in the pool. One man we met named John we pegged for a Christian within the first five minutes of conversation and actually invited him to join this site, so be sure to look for his introduction and welcome him properly. It was an extremely good day and we look forward to tomorrow.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Re: trip report; Cypress Cove

Postby Jim » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:36 am

That was a great birthday present. I'm sorry to hear about regulars being standoffish. This might be something the nudist community should address. I didn't find the resort we go to once a year that way. Since you are away from home, how about risking mentioning to people in church where you are going afterwards?
Jim
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:10 am

Congratulations. Very inspiring.

Please forgive me if I get too nosy, but what are the ages of your children? It sounds like you have two daughters (one who got & stayed nude and one who stayed covered) & two sons? I'm with Jim in being curious about what you told the kids about what to say when you get home. Did you have a big family meeting before deciding to go to Cypress Cove? Or is there already enough nudity in your family that it wasn't much of a stretch?

My own daughter is almost 13. We are casually, incidentally, nude around the house (we don't lounge around naked), and she seems to be very comfortable with being nude. I'm looking forward to one day introducing her to the part of the world where you don't have to wear clothes all the time.

P.S. You may or may not want to take the family over to Playalinda Beach. It is a beautiful, miles long stretch of beach with great body surfing. If your family enjoys the beach, it is worth going to. The far north end is clothing optional (parking lot 14), the lower lots are not. The problem with a public beach is you can get more creeps & unsavory behavior than in a controlled environment like Cypress Cove, and Playalinda definitely has a gay section. Playalinda is on the north side of Cape Canaveral so you can see the launch pads & other NASA things.

Enjoy your time in FL.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Way cool, Naked Preacher. I too would be interested in your family's attitude toward nudity in general, though it sounds like your wife is comfortable enough with it, which is way cool indeed! Happy birthday, too!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:38 pm

Hey naked preacher, I'd be interested to know if the regulars were nude. I've been to a few nudist retreats/camps and even though they advertised nude only (except for children and newcomers), most of the regulars were less than obliging, making me feel like the odd man out at times, that is, they clothed and me not. :?

Anyway, glad you had a great time with your family.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:37 pm

My daughters are 16 and 15, the older was the reluctant one. They are the ones I wrote about in my strip on skinny dipping. My boys are twin 10 year olds. I have been nude around the house for several years, as has my wife. My wife has been fine with home nudity, both mine and hers, however social nudity not so much, especially for her. My kids have been uncomfortable with nudity for themselves. they are fairly closed mouthed about our family nudity around church friends and my side of the family, however they seem to know who to tell and who not to. There didn't need to be a big family meeting, however we did have a practice naked night the night before where we sat around the trailer naked and watched TV, everyone trying to be casual.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:43 pm

naturaldon,
There were many modes of dress/undress, however at the pool, where we spent most of the day, most were nude. At Cypress Cove, you are allowed to wear clothing on the pool deck, just not in the pool. They state that swimsuits are never appropriate since they don't protect you from the sun, but cover-ups and sarongs are allowed, mainly to prevent sunburn. It is definitely a nude culture and though clothing is worn by some you never feel odd for being nude (at least in my experience)
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:50 pm

Went back after church today. My wife was not feeling well, so just me and the kids. We stayed until nearly 8:00. We swam, played shuffleboard, Ping-Pong, pool and sat in the hot tub, then swam more. Its not that we especially wanted to do all that stuff, it was just that no one (including my oldest) wanted to put their clothes on. She seems to have adjusted to social nudity just fine.
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:02 pm

nakedpreacher wrote:Went back after church today. My wife was not feeling well, so just me and the kids. We stayed until nearly 8:00. We swam, played shuffleboard, Ping-Pong, pool and sat in the hot tub, then swam more. Its not that we especially wanted to do all that stuff, it was just that no one (including my oldest) wanted to put their clothes on. She seems to have adjusted to social nudity just fine.
So it just took them a second visit to be comfortable. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Yes, my sons were ready as soon as we got there and spent nearly the whole time nude, my older daughter got comfortable after about 2 hours and spent the rest of her time nude. They all put on some clothing in the game room because the AC was really cold in there.
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:26 pm

nakedpreacher wrote:... They all put on some clothing in the game room because the AC was really cold in there.
They need to adjust the A/C for nudity rather than 3-piece suits!
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:19 pm

I agree, it actually felt nice on Thursday but there was cloud cover on Sun and it seemed colder.
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:45 pm

nakedpreacher wrote:My daughters are 16 and 15, the older was the reluctant one. They are the ones I wrote about in my strip on skinny dipping. My boys are twin 10 year olds. I have been nude around the house for several years, as has my wife. My wife has been fine with home nudity, both mine and hers, however social nudity not so much, especially for her. My kids have been uncomfortable with nudity for themselves. they are fairly closed mouthed about our family nudity around church friends and my side of the family, however they seem to know who to tell and who not to. There didn't need to be a big family meeting, however we did have a practice naked night the night before where we sat around the trailer naked and watched TV, everyone trying to be casual.

That's inspiring to me, nakedpreacher. I hope I can raise my children with a positive view of nudity/the human body when that time comes. And I hope my future wife will be on board with that too. :)
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:47 pm

nakedpreacher wrote:......my older daughter got comfortable after about 2 hours and spent the rest of her time nude. ......
If I may speculate, your older daughter's "getting comfortable" might be related to the fact that your wife was not present and so the social support for textiles may have been weaker and the social naturist influence was less impeded.

The story is truly uplifting. May you have many more experiences like that.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:33 pm

I don't think that is the case. I think it was just an adjustment period.
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports