2nd Annual Naturist Ozark Mountain Meetup

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: 2nd Annual Naturist Ozark Mountain Meetup

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:40 am

It looks like a meetup for this year is a dead subject. Other that Baretruth and myself, interest is hard to find.
My place is still open for visits, the temps are outstanding, almost impossible to sunburn this time of year, fish are hungry, trails are open... But don't wait to long, the temps will turn cold soon.
If there is still interest for a meetup this year, speak up. Quickly!

Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Tain't the interest - at least for me it is the obstacles and the competing demands. Comes to the same thing, of course.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Petros wrote:Tain't the interest - at least for me it is the obstacles and the competing demands. Comes to the same thing, of course.

Same here. Until business picks up, I ain't driving any further than Chattanooga.
That said, I am certain that I would enjoy the fellowship and rural landscape and my skin would enjoy a vacation from clothes.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:39 pm

A big part of the problem out here is distance. The Christian Naturists (that I know of) are around a dozen in Missouri and we are spread out over about 300 square mile.

I also understand the business part. Having been self employed and owner of a company with employees, you go between 2 feelings. If business is really going, you don't have time and if business is really slow you don't know if you can afford it. That is what is nice about being semi-retired and self employed. The money is nice, but you don't have to be out there all the time fighting for business.

In Him
Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:28 pm

MoNatureMan wrote:A big part of the problem out here is distance. The Christian Naturists (that I know of) are around a dozen in Missouri and we are spread out over about 300 square mile.....

I think we must be spread over more than 300 sq.mi. because if that were all the area we were spread over, 300 sq.mi. is only a square 17.3 miles on a side or a circle 19.5 miles in diameter or a rectangle with a 3to1 aspect ratio, then 10x30 miles. If we were all that close, distance would hardly be a problem.

I just checked mapquest and I am about 100 miles from your place depending on the route. Other potential attendees are even farther.
If we could draw from a 100 mile radius that would be 31,416 sq, mi.

Ok, so while I am thinking about this you are not all that far from Fort Leonard Wood. Perhaps there are enough younger folks that could be recruited to naturism there. How would we go about an outreach to them.....??? How would we find the sort we would want, and not the sort we would not want???? Hmmmmm that might be worth considering.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:21 pm

Major typo.
300 mile square not 300 square mile
300 X 300 = 90,000 square mile
Round off to over 100,000 because state is over 300 in some areas.

Different subject, but bare, you were a teacher. How about teaching a class at a Springfield college on
Introduction to Naturism
or
Introduction to Christian Naturism.
The second one could really create interest, from a number of viewpoints.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:27 am

MoNatureMan wrote:........... Different subject, but bare, you were a teacher. How about teaching a class at a Springfield college on
Introduction to Naturism
or
Introduction to Christian Naturism. The second one could really create interest, from a number of viewpoints.

Well that certainly sounds like an innovation, and the core idea has merit but the difference between a raging success and a dismal showing is in a miriad of considerations. And the rule of 7 P's [1]certainly applies :
-- I am not aware of what college would be interested in having such a class.
-- -- There being several different religious schools ! Would it be one of them?

-- One would have to ascertain which department would sponsor such a course.

-- Credentials are another matter, Yes I am a College Professor but Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery, Advanced Machine Design, Materials Science and Metallurgy, are not particularly relevant to a social movement like naturism nor do they imply any expertise in the theological aspects of Christian Naturism.

-- Another aspect of my experience is that as a professor of engineering, the typical student in my classes was always already highly motivated to become an engineer as opposed to students who are simply about sampling a variety of ideas in the manner of an "intellectual salad bar" Teaching in a professional program is a very different experience in college level education.

-- As for teaching a "class", I am not sure that there is a sufficient body of knowledge to make a class out of the topic, although a seminar would be quite possible.
-- -- Given the presence of a chapter of "Free the Nipple" active in Springfield, and particularly with some presence among the students there, at the right school such a seminar might be well attended.
-- -- In the right format, and with the right emphasis, if there was a "Women's Studies" program, that might provide the proper venue.
-- -- That being said, I question if I have the necessary breadth of background to be taken as a credible spokesperson. Someone such as Cheri Alexander (although she is Jewish) or Danee (or other spokesperson from AANR) would have more credibility as a speaker.
-- -- My own experience for instance includes one visit to a naturist resort. That is an important facet of experience and I am quite limited in that respect.
-- -- One would have to be prepared for more than just advocacy in a presentation, as depending on the audience one could find the presentation turning into an exercise in apologetics against a few fundamentalist textile types from a local religious school. There are profound differences in the topics, Naturism vs Christian Naturism

-- Anyone who would choose to take on such a project must also realize that to become a public advocate for CHRISTIAN Naturism, may need to find a new congregation in which to worship.

-------------------------------
[1] "Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piteously Poor Performance"
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:09 am

It would depend on the institution - but those I know are extremely jealous and even firmly tenured faculty cannot just propose a course and do it. It MIGHT work if there is a variable topic course - but it seems uphill.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:59 pm

Maybe a state college, or junior college under social studies????

I wonder if AANR would be interested in creating the class, then maybe they could certify teachers!?!?

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:44 pm

Now a campus naturist club might benefit or even require a faculty sponsor.
Sponsors of extra-curricular clubs need not have formal training in the subject matter of the club, just a willingness to be a mentor.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:51 pm

I put in an incomplete thought.
Thought was maybe since AANR is a national organization, maybe they could create a course to be used in colleges, and maybe even train and certify instructors for the course.
F that could happen, it could open many eyes to naturist lifestyle.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:12 pm

The Naturists Living Show had a podcast (I believe titled Academia in naturism) in which a college professor at Toronto University presented it as an upper division Social Sciences class (I think it was under Philosophy). Unfortunately I could not access the episode on my new podcast app so I am not sure of the episode number. It was apparently very well received though he reports a lot of good natured ribbing from other faculty.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:26 pm

Petros wrote:Tain't the interest - at least for me it is the obstacles and the competing demands. Comes to the same thing, of course.
Same here.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Previous

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports