Or else it goes under Other Religions

Ask the question you always wanted to ask, and were afraid to. There is no dumb question. Be courageous, for here you will find people ready to talk.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Or else it goes under Other Religions

Postby Petros » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:08 am

Happy thanksgiving, all. I do not doubt we are all conscious if much that we thank God for - and much more we would thank him for if we only understood.

Here is the unanswered question: Visiting our local library yesterday, I saw the sign: Open Sundays. well, quite right, we should not privilege a day seen as special by some - not even all - members of the most archaic and unreasoning and oppressive of the various outmoded and intolerant religions our nation still harbors. But beside it was another sign: Closed for Thanksgiving.

And I wonder that our community is so right thinking about Sunday, but privileges what is essentially a Christian holiday [to whom or to what are we thankful, anyway?] that celebrates the invasion and spoiling of a continent by fanatical extremist Christians and the decimation and oppression for centuries of its rightful owners?

Come on, folks, TRY to apply logic.

In the meantime, I am thankful there is a library - and for much, much else.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Or else it goes under Other Religions

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:17 am

Happy Thanksgiving Petros and all other fellow Village members. Honestly, I believe the library is closed for a federally-recognized holiday, not due to any sense of religious conviction. It's really just another day for its workers to have a day off from work, nothing more.

jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Re: Or else it goes under Other Religions

Postby Petros » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:35 pm

True - but that is no reason for librarians of all people to ignore both logic and common sense. I thought of being a librarian - some of my best friends,,,

But the turkey and ham are in the oven and Nice Niece Liesl and family are on their way.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Unanswered questions about Christianity