Following the call

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Following the call

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:40 pm

Things have been going crazy lately.
A couple mini vacations.
More skin cancer getting cut out. A unusually aggressive strain of squimoiscell. Hopefully and prayerfully next week will finish the surgery for this time around.
Also I will be starting to go out preaching. Filling in at churches as needed. I have a message all ready to go on 'The Power of the Blood', but feel the restraining power of the Holy Spirit. Looks like will be preaching on the power of prayer of the saints, that caused the formation and greatness of America.

I guess life was getting too dull LOL.
In Him
Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Re: Following the call

Postby jochanaan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Lord GOD our Father, You have gifted us all with Your Good News, and it seems You have called our brother Ron to use this gift strongly. Go with Him, as You have promised You will, and set Your words in his mouth as You have set Your Spirit in his heart. B'shem Y'shua haMashiach: In Jesus' Name, Amen.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:09 pm

MoNatureMan wrote:........Also I will be starting to go out preaching. Filling in at churches as needed. I have a message all ready to go on 'The Power of the Blood', but feel the restraining power of the Holy Spirit. Looks like will be preaching on the power of prayer of the saints, that caused the formation and greatness of America.......... Ron :cross:

Unity of vision and purpose have often and maybe almost always, have been great tools to harness the efforts of a nation toward great achievement. It even worked for the Nazis and somewhat for the Soviets and certainly is a goal sought my many governments for good or for ill. The religious wars of Europe proved to be a powerful filtering agent for those who would uproot themselves to go to a wilderness continent a half a world away So those seeing to be able to practice their religion according to their conscience without interference from any established church that had the power of the national military were certainly a more homogeneous group. The followers of the Mormon religion were able to go and establish themselves in a fairly desert area and create the "Mormon Corridor from Utah in the south to Idaho in the north certainly benefited from their common vision. But the key thing that the founding fathers had in common as part of their outlook was building a government based on the concept of the Corruptibility of Mankind that caused them to build in the Constitutional Protections of the Rights of the individual against the government and the majority and the understanding of the fallen nature of mankind that might drive the unprincipled to exploit others for their own ends, as well as the misguided zealot true believer who is out to save everybody even if he needs to make "converts of the sword"in some off beat-set of doctrine. The Nazi's The Communists, Even the Humanists, seem to believe in a concept of the perfectibility of mankind to one degree or another, and all have been miserable failures at crating a human utopia. All the human based "isms" try to pass minutia laden laws that merely benefit lawyers who are skilled at twisting the law. They make no effort to really teach the people the law, nor do they stand a chance due to complexity they put into their laws.

Without love and forbearance and forgiveness and a structure that everyone can understand and a program of teaching that law they simply do not stand a chance. What humanist has ever enacted a program as simple as 1 hour a week teaching and expounding of the law so that people at least have a chance to avoid transgressing the law. Between the KJV and the Douay (for the Catholics) both of which are pretty similar and a few other translations, the population of the united states had a strong base of fairly strong unity on the concepts of right and wrong. Just that alone accomplished a great leap forward. Understanding that all have fallen short of the Glory of God and even kings and great leaders and are all fallible and corruptible and only God is holy and pure and worth of worship has been a bulwark against the subverting of the nation. Those things alone are great blessings even before we raise the question of God intervening to provide specific blessings to a people largely willing to worship him and follow his lead. But the question of the day is how much have we let God's leadership slip into the background and how much we are still willing to follow where he leads. And though we twist our own laws and how much are we twisting his at the level of basic principles.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:22 pm

I guess the internet is pretty comercial and secular......
Not recognizing the B'Shem term in your post I entered the entire hebrew phrase as a search phrase to see if I could get any help. What I got was. one sectarian group and two copies of the following

The internet search engine wrote:Yeshua Hamashiach - BestDeals.Today‎
http://www.bestdeals.today/yeshua-hamashiach‎▼
Best Deals On Yeshua Hamashiach‎ 70% Off. Free Shipping. In Stock.‎‎

Wow! the real thing for only 30% of the regular price And immediate free delivery too......
:duh: :argh: :gross: :bigcry:

Ok, so what is the full translation to that :?: :?: :?:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:09 am

I will leave detail to yochanaan, and only comment that one factor in searching may have been that there are several systems for transcribing Hebrew for the Roman scripter, one of the others might have gotten you to the goal.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:I guess the internet is pretty comercial and secular......
Not recognizing the B'Shem term in your post I entered the entire hebrew phrase as a search phrase to see if I could get any help. What I got was. one sectarian group and two copies of the following

The internet search engine wrote:Yeshua Hamashiach - BestDeals.Today‎
http://www.bestdeals.today/yeshua-hamashiach‎▼
Best Deals On Yeshua Hamashiach‎ 70% Off. Free Shipping. In Stock.‎‎

Wow! the real thing for only 30% of the regular price And immediate free delivery too......
:duh: :argh: :gross: :bigcry:

Ok, so what is the full translation to that :?: :?: :?:
B'shem Y'shua haMashiach simply means, "In the Name of Jesus the Christ." 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby MoNatureMan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Someone mentioned to me to keep any message short and to point, It brought to mind about, in the early American churches, sometimes the ushers had a pole. Thorn on one end, and feather on the other. If during the messages someone would start to get sleepy, the feather on the nose of the women or the thorn hitting the men would keep them alert to hear the Word of God. It was said that those services lasted hours and the pole 'awakening' was the desire of the people to remain alert to hear God's word.
What a difference. Today, message may go 20-30 minutes, are be really radical at 45 minutes. After all don't we need to get to the restraint before...
Maybe part of the difference is, many of those people remembered persecution, times were tough and to a large extent people had to depend upon God for help.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:24 pm

As when have we not?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:55 pm

Perception - Perception
Yes we are all in total dependency of God's power. Every breath, the sun coming up every day (most parts of the earth), and yes our very existence. But perception to many is, they are a self made man or woman. They got everything they have by their ability or deeds of some type.

When life is more difficult people often show their dependency on God.
When things are better in life, people often don't think they need God.

Seems to follow the cycle
- life is tough and people turn to God for help
- God answers with blessings and life gets better
- people are thankful to God
- time goes on and people think the better life is because of their self, not God
- people turn from God and He removes His blessing
- life gets tough and people turn to God for help

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:32 pm

MoNatureMan wrote:Seems to follow the cycle
- life is tough and people turn to God for help
- God answers with blessings and life gets better
- people are thankful to God
- time goes on and people think the better life is because of their self, not God
- people turn from God and He removes His blessing
- life gets tough and people turn to God for help

Wow Ron, that kinda sounds like the Israelites!

Still great wisdom to keep in mind though. There is nothing new under the sun.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Prayer