The Amazon tribe that kills and eats monkeys

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Amazon tribe that kills and eats monkeys

Postby Maverick » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Saw this on the Drudge Report today. I thought it might interest the anthropologically-minded among us (and, of course, the naturists): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4135698/The-Amazon-tribe-kills-eats-monkeys.html

I did not post the article text here because it's really the pictures that count (1,000 words each).
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: The Amazon tribe that kills and eats monkeys

Postby naturaldon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:21 pm

Some of those monkeys look like some of my relatives, proof positive of evolution, or rather reverse evolution. :biggrin:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:16 am

Interesting.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Interesting. One of my pet theories is that the popularity of clothing is inversely related to how expensive it is. In a "primitive" culture where they don't have mass textile producing machinery, clothing is not worn. In "modern" mechanized society where we churn out textiles by the square mile, then it is easy to wear clothes, and the manufacturers of those goods have a high motive to get as many people wearing them as often as possible - there is no profit for clothing makers in naked people.

I've noticed this in other cultures, too. In many "poor" cultures the children run around naked. Why? Because they grow fast and keeping them clothed is expensive.

If you examine the 1800s, the wealthy bathed at resorts in full costumes, while the peasants bathed nude. Nudity has always been a sign of poverty - and is clearly used as such in the Bible.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:12 pm

This reminds me of the movie The Emerald Forest, from 1985, directed by John Boorman. The Invisible People (the main indigenous tribe portrayed) seem very much like the Huaorani, living without clothes and subsisting on monkeys and other game and herbs.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Nude News