The Big Time Big Top

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Big Time Big Top

Postby Petros » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:20 am

Next -

Uncertainty.

January we bite the bullet and relist the farmette that failed to sell last time, that we cannot afford not to leave. Last week, we learn the group I work for - both of us, actually - is looking at financial reverses and may be fresh out of business by this time next year., taking half our income with it.

We are convinced that all is well and the next trapeze will swing into the spotlight - but we need to hold on, to trust it, and to avoid the sickening spiral down to the possible net below.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: The Big Time Big Top

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:09 am

Best wishes for a quick and fair sale this time Petros.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:18 am

So have you a new realtor?
I would have told the old one:

Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:49 am

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me; bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits . . .

This has been a trial, and we don't know how it will end. But what i appreciate greatly is you posted this under Worship in Praise. The Lord knows your hearts, but from my limited perspective, it blesses mine that through your trial worship and praise over-arch; or at least, underlie. May His blessings be multiplied to you both as you go forward!
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:49 am

Through all of this, we know he is guiding and timing it. There are adrenaline moments - there were when my dad, a good driver, was negotiating a narrow road barely a foot away from a drop down the cliff into the sea. But all the evidence says he is in charge. Even more closemouthed than Dad was, of course.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Petros wrote:There are adrenaline moments - there were when my dad, a good driver, was negotiating a narrow road barely a foot away from a drop down the cliff into the sea.

I did that this summer in Arkansas on switchback ATV/UTV dirt trails, only the drop was into the forest. The scary part for me was knowing that if I screwed up, I was not only endangering myself but also my dad and brother who were riding with me. Even though it was intense at the time, I'd go back right now and do it again if I could. ;)

I'm glad we can trust Jesus not to drive us off a cliff when we're riding shotgun with him. There will be adrenaline moments though, but I wouldn't miss them for the world.

Praying for you, Petros.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:42 pm

Praise is the place.

The group administrator sent out the official heads up to everybody - announcing the possibility that all could shut down come Fall. Which I knew about, it has been discussed. Since it is now an official possibility, at supper with Herself and Number 1 Son - who both are involved - we discussed it.

The interesting part: when we began the sell process, we talked about how with reduced costs I could drop out. At the time I was concerned - not to sound conceited, but if I stopped doing this the team would be in big trouble. I might not mind having some extra time - but I did not like the thought of shutting things down. But if in fact it IS shut down , and we can survivre -

Well, all three of us are living by this, and not one is worried.

That call's for praise.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:09 am

As far as the place goes, we are getting walkthroughs. Two scheduled today, after one yesterday - it would have been three today, but they wanted to come to early in the morning - they will find another time. Comments seem to be favorable.

Of vourse we would like to look over an offer, or as Herself says havee abidding war.

But we are grateful for what is happenig.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise