Back from the Funeral

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Back from the Funeral

Postby Petros » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:52 pm

One of the very few non-family funerals I have attended or intend to - very longstanding very close colleague and friend. Herself knew her well as well, but could not come. We knew she had been for years very bitter toward God and the church. Before I set out, Herself says if only before dying she came back.

At the church, with more detail after, the story came out. After long bitterness, and with a lot of prayer, she came back. About 3 days before she ied, her family visiting, she had a vision of heaven.

We are - and her family is - very thankful.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Back from the Funeral

Postby Maverick » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:26 am

I rejoice with you, Petros. Praise the Lord! :cross:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:11 pm

God, Who is Love, has ways of drawing us back to Himself. Love, Who is God, is indeed the Strong Force. Praise His Name! Amen. :D :like:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nakedpreacher » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:50 pm

God is always gracious and patient unto repentance
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:20 pm

I looked around before posting this - not sure where it best belong. This was last summer. Yesterday, another - a man in our organization - he was in fact the one who recruited me 2 decades plus ago - moved up. His wife preceded him years ago - they were wonderful people and very close, and it must have been hadd on him to have to wait. Another man in the organization - close to me but not as close - died a bit before my old colleague.

It is to be expected as timed passes - more and closer people step off the carousel. We miss these peoplem Herself and I. Not so much sad - we know where they are off to. But it is a litrtle lonely beiongf left behind. For now.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:31 am

As it turned out, the funeral was only a funeral for those left behind.
For the "deceased", it was a homecoming.
God be praised!
And thanks, to our beloved journalist, brother Petros for covering the story!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:34 am

Petros wrote: But it is a litrtle lonely beiongf left behind. For now.

This matter does need addressing, too.
As I get older, I am left behind by people I would rather not lose sight of.
I have not lost them, but like a honking goose in a flock on its way northbound with the return of spring, I need the assurance of those familiar voices.

I have purposed to make young friends. I shall lose sight of them too, in time, but being alone and friendless is no good, and by the grace of God and a modest effort, not inevitable.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise