My Faith Journey

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My Faith Journey

Postby Charley » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:37 am

I was raised in a Christian home in the rural south. I made a profession of faith during an emotional revival service at age 11 but didn't truly understand what I was doing. I was baptized and became a member of the church where my family worshipped. Around age 15 I came to realize that I didn't have a genuine relationship with God through faith in Christ. For four years I ran from God even though I was in church every Sunday. As the church pianist I hid behind the piano during the invitations, embaraced to admit that I didn't know Christ. At age 19 I returned to the church where I'd grown up and no longer able to hide behind the piano I walked forward taking the pastor's hand. And admitting I needed Christ I my life. I prayed committing my life to following Christ as Lord and Savior. A great burden lifted from my life and peace came. I had been depressed and only wanted to sleep before that because that was the only way I could escape God's pursuing me. Life is a journey for me as I've followed Christ. This journey of faith has taken me all over the world from Texas, to Eatern Europe, to California, and now to the Pacific Northwest as I've gone wherever God has lead me on this journey with him! Now in my 50s Christ is central in my life and in my family's life as we serve him together in full time ministry.
Charley
Resident

Re: My Faith Journey

Postby jochanaan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:36 pm

Thanks for this story. Despite the way some Christians and theologians talk, God's Holy Spirit speaks to all humans and draws them to Himself--if they will come.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Maverick » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Great story Charley! I'm looking forward to my own journey with Jesus.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:15 pm

Hey Charley, welcome. I think we've got more in common than you think! (Yes, it's me in Missouri).
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Charley » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:15 pm

Thanks everyone!
Charley
Resident

Postby nusixty » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:20 pm

Welcome Charley,
I am new to this site as well. Excellent life story of the Holy Spirit at work.
nusixty
Resident

Postby naturist » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:19 pm

hey, nusixty, glad to see you over on this forum too. :like: Wish I started off with same name on both sites.

Naturist/mr. larry
naturist
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Good testimony and welcome from south central Missouri

Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:16 am

Hey Charley, welcome to the village. Hope you enjoy your time here. Looking forward to getting to know you. I am also from the Pacific North West, from the Portland area. God Bless You
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey