Benefits of Sleeping Naked

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Benefits of Sleeping Naked

Postby jjsledge » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:23 am

Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Re: Benefits of Sleeping Naked

Postby naturaldon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:54 pm

I especially like the brain health reasons. :wink:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:03 am

Count me among the 8%! :like:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:12 pm

I agree - I've been sleeping nude since 1989, when I was 22. Considering the fact that I'd always wanted to be a nudist since my early teens, I wonder why I never thought to sleep nude sooner. :dizzy:
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed May 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Surprising Health Benefits of Sleeping Naked

Other health benefits of sleeping naked include:

Improved metabolism

Lowering your body temperature helps activate brown fat — a type of body fat that helps regulate your body temperature by generating heat.

Research shows that people with higher levels of brown fat have faster resting metabolic rates, better blood sugar control and higher insulin sensitivity. In one study, sleeping in a chilled room doubled the amount of brown fat participants produced.6

Improved blood circulation

Without clothing your blood flow is less restricted, which benefits your entire body, especially your heart and muscles.

Healthier skin and private parts

Bacteria thrive in warm, moist areas, so ditching clothing, including underwear, can be particularly beneficial for women prone to yeast infections. Other areas, including your armpits (and skin in general) also benefit from being able to breathe.

Improved sperm quality

Men can also benefit from sleeping "commando." A man's testicles are designed to keep sperm at a temperature just slightly below core body temperature. Underwear that bunch the testicles close to the body may therefore reduce sperm quality and affect a man's fertility.

Improved sex life

Skin-to-skin contact (as well as orgasm) releases the "bonding" hormone oxytocin, which promotes feelings of attachment and emotional closeness. Since sexual contact typically occurs while naked, sleeping in the nude raises the chances of sex, which can bring a couple closer.

Balancing hormones

By allowing your body to stay cooler at night, sleeping naked helps decrease cortisol, increase growth hormone and balance melatonin, all of which help promote healthy sleep patterns and reduce anxiety, stress and food cravings.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nusixty » Tue May 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Sleeping naked has been routine for me for 30 years.I am certainly in the 8% group. I question if this is even close to accurate.
nusixty
Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?