Cortana

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Cortana

Postby Maverick » Tue May 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Not the digital assistant that comes with Windows 10, but the video game character that came first. I haven't seen anything about Cortana on naturist sites so I figured I'd mention her. She's an AI from the Halo series and appears as below:

She is the only video game character I can think of who is nude or nearly nude in a good way.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: Cortana

Postby naturaldon » Tue May 09, 2017 5:29 pm

Pacman was naked. :lol:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed May 10, 2017 6:42 pm

naturaldon wrote:Pacman was naked. :lol:

Yes I guess you're right! And Ms. Pacman too!

For some reason that first image of Cortana shrunk way down. Here's one that hopefully won't, for anyone interested.

In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed May 10, 2017 9:40 pm

Hmmm, like the robot said to Stephanie in the movie SHORT CIRCUIT, "OOOHH NICE SOFTWARE !"

Your original image had 4 figures in it and I am wondering what they looked like. Could you maybe bring the picture up on your computer screen full scale and then capture it with a screenshot and save in some format like .JPG so it won't shrink?
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:24 am

Bare-Truth, I viewed Maverick's image of the four avatars on my I-Phone where I was able to zoom in a bit. The fourth image on the right, titled HALO 4, appears to be fully nude whereas number 3, the one you enlarged, is wearing body paint. I can't recall details about the first two but as I recall the first is distorted and unclear while the second appears clothed.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Try this one:

Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 in that order. Computer graphics got much better between 2001 and 2014, so it's clear to us now how the developers imagined her. While she is not "nude" in the strict sense of the word, I suppose she is as nude as a computer could be.

I'm not a gamer anymore but I do have fond memories of the Halo franchise. :D
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri May 12, 2017 9:46 am

After a little photo-manipulation it appears that Cortana-4 was perhaps initially an actual photograph. Whether the skin patterns were body paint or a computer generated overlay could be conjectured.
Cortana-4.jpg
Enhanced version of Cortana #4 click for better resolution
Cortana_Shoulder.jpg
Shoulder From Cortana with knee bent. Click for better resolution

While the surface patterns have effectively obliterated evidence of any aureoles there is possibly some remnants of nipples, however there very definitely appears to be bluring of the mons pubis and the Cleft Veneris. The blurring would hardly be necessary on a computer generated image but might be considered useful assuming that the starting image was photographic. Accordingly I am going to say that the starting point for the 4th frame of the picture was a nude photograph hence Cortana is NUDE! Examining the first 3 frames particularly the faces, these do not seem to be from the same starting image as frame 4, or they are far more photomanipulated if not computer generated from scratch.

The detail of the shoulder of Cortana taken from the image where she was standing with her knee flexed, shows corners which are evidence of the image having been made by "clipping" the image from a photograph rather than simply computer generating the image. This also suggests that that image was taken from an actual photograph albeit a different pose.

Of course one could say the my detailed investigation of the image was an indication that I have too much time on my hands or am perhaps a bit cooped up by the weather this morning and am trying to alleviate a case of cabin fever. :lol: :wink:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri May 12, 2017 11:10 am

Bare_Truth wrote:The detail of the shoulder of Cortana taken from the image where she was standing with her knee flexed, shows corners which are evidence of the image having been made by "clipping" the image from a photograph rather than simply computer generating the image. This also suggests that that image was taken from an actual photograph albeit a different pose.

The sharp edges on the shoulders could also indicate a limitation of the graphic generator, assumably one used by a video game which is designed to generate frames quickly rather than accurately.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun May 14, 2017 10:21 pm

What difference does it really matter? The image has persisted and there apparently is no public outcry against it.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Mon May 15, 2017 9:56 am

Bare_Truth wrote:Of course one could say the my detailed investigation of the image was an indication that I have too much time on my hands or am perhaps a bit cooped up by the weather this morning and am trying to alleviate a case of cabin fever. :lol: :wink:

Bravo! I enjoyed reading your technical analysis, Bare! :)

Natman is right, the sharp edges could be due to the graphics generator/game engine. That said, I know there are many recent games that actually have "actors" who not only perform voices but also have their movements recorded with sensors and such, so for all I know the most recent iteration of Cortana could be based on motion-capture equipment on an actress.

New_Adventurer wrote:What difference does it really matter? The image has persisted and there apparently is no public outcry against it.

:like: And the criteria for the game's Mature rating (should be Teen in my opinion) do not include nudity.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon May 15, 2017 11:10 am

Maverick wrote:That said, I know there are many recent games that actually have "actors" who not only perform voices but also have their movements recorded with sensors and such, so for all I know the most recent iteration of Cortana could be based on motion-capture equipment on an actress.

Indeed. Several of the games that our boys had have actual video snippets as you transition from level to level, with live actors, probably cast against digital backgrounds. Some have digitized versions of live actors so that they can change up the video based on the conditions leading up to the level transition.

I personally do not play video games because I feel I have wasted enough of my life on them some years ago. However, I am interested in the graphics technology for the purpose of generating virtual architectural walk-throughs of home, buildings and landscapes, as well as industrial designs. Unfortunately, I have my hands full with other pursuits and life to chase that one at this time.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:12 pm

The video graphics industry leader NVidia is a major player in the self-driving car industry because the image processing software technology is applicable to both. Side effects abound.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism