My Christian History

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My Christian History

Postby Normski » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:30 pm

As a child I went to a Congregational Church with my parents and was part of the Sunday School where we took annual scripture examinations. As I grew older I gradually drifted away. I met my future wife who was a Roman Catholic and married in the Catholic Church but after the wedding we did not attend Church. When our first child was born we felt that she should be Christened and started attending an Anglican Church near to where we lived at the time. We subsequently moved house and went to an Anglican Church near to our new home and eventually all three of our children were Christened at that Church. After a while my attendance at Church blackened. I was going through a difficult patch at work and was persuaded to go to a Pentecostal Church which my eldest daughter was then attending. I joked that I hoped the sermon would not last very long. But God had the last laugh as the sermon lasted 45 minutes with changing direction as its theme and it was if it was being directed at me because I then knew how to tackle the problems at work. My wife and I started attending that Church every week but we moved house recently and now attend a local Anglican Church where I am amember of the worship group as a singer. I am also a member of a Christian outreach group.
Normski
Resident

Re: My Christian History

Postby natman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Norm,

It is good to see that you are adaptable enough to plug into a church no matter when or where you land and that you are also actively involved in worship and outreach.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Most interestng. Of course there is these days a lot of migration going on, as we develop and are transferred by the Shepherd to different flocks; but it is also interesting how many I at least am seeing who wind up in one of the more interesting Angican subsets.

As my bil whose path reads Catholic - atheist - heavy pentecostal - mild pentecostal - Calvinist - Anglican [where he is very happy and long may it last.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nature » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:23 am

Glad to hear that after all these years you have found a Church that you feel comfortable in and are involved in ministry. My wife and I also drifted for a number of years before we found a church we were happy to serve in.
nature
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:49 am

It does seem that denominations are becoming less and less important, and individual churches and the whole Body of Christ more dominant. Slowly, slowly, all who follow Jesus are perhaps being drawn back together after too many years of separation.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Normski » Fri May 19, 2017 11:28 am

A lot has happened since I last posted about my Christian History. To cut a long story short, Trish and I decided to move further North in anticipation of our retirement and 2 years ago we found a lovely property in a pretty little town. It is though the Lord has led us here because we have since become involved in the local Parish Church and I have been elected to the Parochial Church Council and will be taking over the post of Treasurer in the near future after I have completed the sale of my business and thus start our "retirement". Trish is involved in the childrens ministry of the Church.
Normski
Resident

Postby dereklee » Fri May 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Normski wrote:A lot has happened since I last posted about my Christian History. To cut a long story short, Trish and I decided to move further North in anticipation of our retirement and 2 years ago we found a lovely property in a pretty little town. It is though the Lord has led us here because we have since become involved in the local Parish Church and I have been elected to the Parochial Church Council and will be taking over the post of Treasurer in the near future after I have completed the sale of my business and thus start our "retirement". Trish is involved in the childrens ministry of the Church.

So glad to hear how the Lord is blessing you with a wonderful place to live as you prepare for retirement and good church to be a part of!
dereklee
Resident

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey