My Naturist History

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My Naturist History

Postby Normski » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:13 pm

It was in 1983 or thereabouts that we took a family holiday to the south coast of England and paid a day visit to Brighton where part of the beach was given naturist status the year before. We decided that whilst there we should at least give it a try. We enjoyed it and then joined the national organization now known as British Naturism and then joined a naturist club. We went on naturist holidays to other places in the UK. However after a few years our children decided that they did not want to do that sort of thing any more and as we could not leave them home alone we had to stop going to the club ourselves. A few years later my wife and I were on a textile holiday to Fuerteventura with our youngest daughter. She busied herself with organised activities at the hotel and my wife and I went to the beach which was clothing optional. We had rediscovered the joys of naturism. As by then the youngsters were old enough to look after themselves we started going to swims and other naturist places for visits and holidays and we currently are members of a club near Bedford.
Normski
Resident

Re: My Naturist History

Postby jasenj1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:33 pm

Sounds nice. How fortunate you are that your wife participates. Several here have wives who are anti-nudity.

I wish there were more beaches in the US where one could "at least give it a try".

- Jasen.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:32 pm

It is very good that you have a wife who will join you in naturist holidays. Perhaps some day, my wife will allow us to try out a clothing optional beach or resort and then perhaps other venues. For now, she is more than happy to remain in and around the house.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Galaxies » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:02 am

I agree with the others. It is a lot more fun to have family or friends with you while visiting places like that. For me, at least
Galaxies
New Comer

Postby nature » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:05 am

I echo the sentiment that it is always far better to be with family than go alone.
nature
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:23 am

Yes, it is much better to enjoy nudist venues with other like-minded folks, whether family or friends. But, even solo nudity is better than no nudity at all.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:50 pm

I echo the sentiment that it's good that your wife enjoys being nude with you and isn't opposed to it. My first wife tolerated me being nude all the time at home, but my second wife was dead-set against nudity.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Normski » Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 am

A lot has happened since I last posted here. I have just reported on developments in our Christian Journey. Here I would like to explain about our journey in Naturism. 2 years ago we decided to move North in anticipation of my retirement and Trish and I found a lovely bungalow in a pretty little town where we are rapidly becoming involved with community matters. We are having our rear garden landscaped and when it is finished we will be able to relax there to our naked hearts content when the weather is nice. We have, in fact, enjoyed a few days naked gardening but Trish is hesitant as there is at present no side gate to prevent anybody coming round unannounced. We also have a lovely conservatory which we can also use naked. Nobody in our new town at present knows that we are naturists although we have joined two naturist swimming clubs about 45 minutes drive from us and I have been elected Vice Chairman of one of these clubs whilst Trish is now a Committee Member. I am very lucky that Trish supports me in Naturism. We are currently on holiday at one of our favourite Naturist haunts in England and we are going to a new one for us later in the year. We are into cruises (not naturist) but I do fancy going on a nude cruise sometime but I think that Trish would be a bit reluctant to do so because she has heard of rumours of "Swinging activities".
Normski
Resident

Postby dereklee » Fri May 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Normski wrote:A lot has happened since I last posted here. I have just reported on developments in our Christian Journey. Here I would like to explain about our journey in Naturism. 2 years ago we decided to move North in anticipation of my retirement and Trish and I found a lovely bungalow in a pretty little town where we are rapidly becoming involved with community matters. We are having our rear garden landscaped and when it is finished we will be able to relax there to our naked hearts content when the weather is nice. We have, in fact, enjoyed a few days naked gardening but Trish is hesitant as there is at present no side gate to prevent anybody coming round unannounced. We also have a lovely conservatory which we can also use naked. Nobody in our new town at present knows that we are naturists although we have joined two naturist swimming clubs about 45 minutes drive from us and I have been elected Vice Chairman of one of these clubs whilst Trish is now a Committee Member. I am very lucky that Trish supports me in Naturism. We are currently on holiday at one of our favourite Naturist haunts in England and we are going to a new one for us later in the year. We are into cruises (not naturist) but I do fancy going on a nude cruise sometime but I think that Trish would be a bit reluctant to do so because she has heard of rumours of "Swinging activities".

My wife and I also travel by cruise ship regularly. I would love to go on a nude cruise as well one of these days, but foresee some reluctance from my wife also.
dereklee
Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Congratulations Normski and Trish. It seems like you have found an idealic setting and I trust you'll enjoy many years of living happily nude in your new home. Hopefully you can also enjoy a nudist cruise(s) in the future.

I'm about to enter retirement myself with my last work day being Monday, May 22 though my last official day will occur on Monday, May 29. Hopefully I'll be able to find more opportunities to enjoy nudism myself. Unfortunately, I don't expect my wife to ever join me in living naked and free.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon May 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Normski, welcome back.

Prior to your recent posts, your last posts were in 2014.

It sounds like you have found a WONDERFUL place to live "freely" as desired and weather permits and that you and your wife are active in the naturist community.

Although my wife supports MY naturism and is comfortable walking around the house "naturally", she is much more reserved when it comes to other activities. She is VERY body-conscious and does not understand how BEAUTIFUL she is in my eyes the way God made her, and none of my complements appear to change her mind. :(

So you are truly blessed.

Please visit the Village more often.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby dereklee » Mon May 22, 2017 8:10 pm

natman wrote:Although my wife supports MY naturism and is comfortable walking around the house "naturally", she is much more reserved when it comes to other activities. She is VERY body-conscious and does not understand how BEAUTIFUL she is in my eyes the way God made her, and none of my complements appear to change her mind. :(

I can soooo relate to your above quote, Nathan. My wife is exactly the same way!
dereklee
Resident

Return to Are you a naturist?