POLL - How would your current church react to your naturism?

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

How would your church react to your naturism?

They already know and it is no problem.
7%
They don’t know but it should be no problem.
2%
It could be a problem with a few people.
19%
My service to them might be limited in some ways.
5%
Disapproval would be strong and I expect my participation would be limited but I would not expect to be disfellowshipped.
26%
I expect I would be disfellowshipped.
12%
I have no idea what the likely result might be
29%

Total votes : 42

Re: POLL - How would your current church react to your natur

Postby nudie66 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:47 am

Getting back to the original question...

When my girlfriend told her mom, a very conservative Christian, that I model nude for art classes, her reply was, "Christians don't do that." (GF then replied with, "Yes they do, Mom!")

On the other hand, when I just recently told one of my fellow church members, a lady in her 50's, that I model nude & showed her some of the sketches, she said, "That's terrific!"

So, it's all individual perceptions, even within churches, and not one common reaction.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:08 pm

The girlfriend :) and I were at a July 4th barbecue/pool party last Saturday at a church couple's house. After everyone else left and it was just the 4 of us, when it was dark, I said to the couple, "Okay, I'm wondering something... have you guys ever gone skinny dipping in your own pool?" The wife answered, "Sure, I have, but Bill hasn't. Why?"

I replied, "I've been wanting to, ever since I saw your pool last year." She said, "Go right ahead!" So, I went skinny dipping in their inground pool. No one joined me - the girlfriend isn't yet a 'social' nudist, but as I mentioned in my other ongoing strip, she is looking forward to our trip to Sunny Rest next week! I decided to include this post under the "current church react..." strip since it involved a church family I'm close with.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:42 pm

nudie66 wrote:The girlfriend :) and I were at a July 4th barbecue/pool party last Saturday at a church couple's house. After everyone else left and it was just the 4 of us, when it was dark, I said to the couple, "Okay, I'm wondering something... have you guys ever gone skinny dipping in your own pool?" The wife answered, "Sure, I have, but Bill hasn't. Why?"

I replied, "I've been wanting to, ever since I saw your pool last year." She said, "Go right ahead!" So, I went skinny dipping in their inground pool. No one joined me - the girlfriend isn't yet a 'social' nudist, but as I mentioned in my other ongoing strip, she is looking forward to our trip to Sunny Rest next week! I decided to include this post under the "current church react..." strip since it involved a church family I'm close with.

Was everyone gathered around the side of the pool watching you swim naked?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:51 am

nudie66 wrote:The girlfriend :) and I were at a July 4th barbecue/pool party last Saturday at a church couple's house. After everyone else left and it was just the 4 of us, when it was dark, I said to the couple, "Okay, I'm wondering something... have you guys ever gone skinny dipping in your own pool?" The wife answered, "Sure, I have, but Bill hasn't. Why?"

I replied, "I've been wanting to, ever since I saw your pool last year." She said, "Go right ahead!" So, I went skinny dipping in their inground pool.

WOW! That shows a bit of boldness on both of your parts. I have done similar with guests at my prior house where we had a pool. Some joined me. Some did not. NO ONE seemed to have a problem with it.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nudie66 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:05 pm

It was after dark, and the 3 of them were away from the pool, so no onlookers :shock:

But it did open the door to a short conversation about it...
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 am

nudie66 wrote:It was after dark, and the 3 of them were away from the pool, so no onlookers :shock:

But it did open the door to a short conversation about it...

Many of the steps toward my adoption of naturism consisted of people telling me about their experience with it.
I didn't always have to see it to get the message.
Like my salvation, it was a learning process, aided by the Holy Spirit that led to a moment of truth.

Naturism is much more than a frequently misunderstood "pastime".
For Christians, it is a return to a biblical view of the created world, one's own body in particular.
Our bodies are not inherently obscene or lewd, though our fallen culture tries to pervert it, though the Fall from Grace has scarred us from birth, we still abundantly reflect the genius of our creator.
This news is life-changing and it sad that the Church in whole or in part ever lost touch with this concept, so obvious to Christian naturists in hindsight.

But we must be "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" about this.
The gnostic-inspired doctrine of body shame, as ill-fitting a patch on the fabric of orthodoxy as it is, remains a deeply-held sentiment within Christendom and one does not oppose pet theories without grave repercussions.
There is strength in numbers and Christian naturism as a movement, CNVillage and the convocation gatherings can provide that strength collectively that we may lack individually.

My church denomination has individuals, pastors and bishops who vary widely in their response to the concept of naturism. Some people, even within the church cannot be trusted with sensitive information of any kind.

But there are others who desperately need naturism in their lives and are at a crossroads.
A few words from us might serve as the bridge to the happiness we enjoy.

My advise: Proceed with caution, but do not fail to proceed!
Last edited by Ramblinman on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:38 am

Ramblinman wrote:...My advise: Proceed with caution, but do not fail to proceed!
:like: :biggrin: :like:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby DaveT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:39 am

So far one convert and one in opposition. The convert is a man 6 years younger than I. the opposer is a woman close to my mothers age who is a good friend and loves gardening with me. So I have the front garden she works in, and all the woods and garden sites I can make across the mountainside I work nude. She caught me nude once when she came hunting for me, hollered from the entrance road to let me know she was there, but otherwise didn't comment. I think she realizes the innocence of private nudity at least. I'm sure if the members in general were polled there would be mixed response. But unless I was directly involved in a free sex type nudist facility, (which will never happen anyway) I don't think there would be serious repercussions if more of them found out I was involved in christian naturist activities. Most people are reasonable I think and would be willing to hear an explanation. I wont tell anyone I am a practicing naturist unless asked directly. But if opportunity arises in a conversation I will present the biblical and practical evidence that nonsexual nudity is actually good for us.
There are already issues withing the church on other things, Issues like what were in the jewish church at Jesus time. Church leaders fighting against new truth and it's advocates while some receive it with joy. Back then the church leaders condemned Jesus as of the devil while many of the common people knew he was from God. Nothing has changed in human nature.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:56 pm

I haven't told anyone I'm naturist yet. Haven't really felt the need to, since most of my nude time is indoors anyway. In discussions on sexual purity with some guys from church and Christian friends I've kept up with since high school, I've brought up the fact that the nude body is not automatically sexualized--heck, that women posing in lingerie à la Victoria's Secret are covered but sexualized, while a woman tanning at a nude beach in Europe is uncovered but not sexualized unless your mind makes her so. I even had lunch with a Christian brother on Saturday who recommended me a TV show with the stipulation that "it contains some nudity, but not sex." I told him I actually preferred the nudity and lack of sex to sex with no nudity. Some of these guys get it, I think, and they'd be the first I'd broach the topic with.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:18 am

DaveT wrote:......I don't think there would be serious repercussions if more of them found out I was involved in christian naturist activities. ........

Seeing as how you are an SDA, and the Christian Naturists you are involved with are overwhelmingly Sunday Keepers, which would bother your fellow church members more, your
-- extensive social involvment with Naturists
or
-- the extensive social involvement with with Sunday Keepers.
or would it be
-- the extensive involvement with those with the two "outlandish practices"? :wink:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports