Footsteps & the odd wild leap.

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Footsteps & the odd wild leap.

Postby Englishman » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:54 am

As a child I was required, by my non-attending parents, still a little annoyance there, I think, to trot round to our local 1950's red brick Anglican church. Possibly as a 'Give Mum & Dad some space' ploy. It was OK but it didn't really take. My sister & I spent more time reading the 'Table of Kindred and Affinity' & putting family names into the list than seeking God; I've had worse times since then so maybe some seeds were being sown. I ought to say we had no idea what the TOK&A was.

When I hit 12 I was absolutely hating being me; I now understand the reasons why that was so but this isn't the place for that discussion. At the end of the school year a tent mission pitched up on the local Rec. I swore I wasn't going anywhere near it & did my best to put everyone off until... My sister told me there were free hotdogs on the Youth Night! That did it; I was there! On the third night I knew I wanted to be a Christian more than I wanted anything else. So I put my hand up, prayed the prayer, signed the card, took the booklet & walked home. Halfway there I looked up into the sky & felt I was staring right into the heart of Heaven & Heaven was looking straight back at me with a warmth & a passion that has never diminished. I joined the church that sprang up on our estate after the mission & was baptised, the full dunking version, a year later. A few years later I was baptised in Holy Spirit. Back in the early 1970's this was still rare outside Pentecostal churches & my church & I gently parted company.

Since then I have chased after God in a variety of churches & at differing speeds but I have not stopped chasing Him; who would want to? To me, He is the best; He has kept me going through '...all the changes & chances of this fleeting life.' & there have been some huge bumps on this road! Nevertheless, I don't see us parting company. For those who like labels I am a charismatic, in the theological sense, evangelical protestant. I'm active in my church but I have been active in all the ones I've been involved in. This time round it is as part of a small congregation working with ExPats & holidaymakers.

As I've got older I've become more convinced that the major, major thing in my life has to be the nature of my personal relationship with God. So I work on that, & let Him work on it too; after all it is a relationship. I could have died, numerous times, in 2010 but I didn't & the fact I am still here tells me there is still something for me to be doing. Being here, geographically, has been part of that adventure & we, my wife & I, are praying into what the next bit of our adventure looks like. My faith journey has been, is & will be exciting, probably in ways I haven't even thought of. Which is one of the reasons why I plan to continue it at full tilt while I have still the strength, I do, quite a bit actually, to breathe. Onward & upward!
Englishman
Native Resident

Re: Footsteps & the odd wild leap.

Postby jasenj1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:09 am

Excellent testimony. Welcome to CNV.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:27 am

Thank you. :D
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Thank you for sharing, and again, welcome to our Village.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other analog media to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey