COPD Healing

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

COPD Healing

Postby Englishman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:31 pm

A friend of mine was diagnosed with COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. As a non-medical person I had to have this explained to me. A 'Chronic' condition is one that does not go away; sometimes it can be slowed down &/or the symptoms alleviated but it will continue its inexorable progress gradully humbuging your life to an ever greater extent.

My friend is a doctor & a Christian as well as being one of my wife's closet personal friends. On top of this she & her husband are the adoptive parents of two small children. She got prayed for... a lot. After one man at her church, the one we left to come to Lanzarote, prayed for her, she felt she was healed. She knew something was different. Yesterday (3rd July) she had a check up; her chest x-ray showed no abnormalities in her lungs whatsoever! Not only is this a miracle, she has medical proof it happened. I have been jumping up & down shouting 'Praise the Lord!' at the top of my voice for the last 24 hours so I thought I would share the joy with you all.

My friend's doctor, who does not share her faith, is at something of a loss to explain what has happened; something for which there is no cure & which does not go away isn't there any more. My friend asks that as many folk as possible pray for her consultant, the one who is still confused about happened. I'm off to shout 'Praise the Lord!' again! :D :) :lol: :D :) :lol:
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Re: COPD Healing

Postby bn2bnude » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:16 pm

That is a great report... And pretty amazing. This may be the first seed planted that grows in the heart of your friend's doctor.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:24 am

Praise the Lord!

Prayers offered.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:10 am

Augustine tells the story of a woman with advanced breast cancer who was despaired of by the doctors of the day. She was moved to go to the local church at Easter and ask one of the newly baptised to pray for her. She did - and the cancer left.

She went to her doctor to confirm it. He was all smiles. What did she do to reverse the incurable condition. She told him. He got angry and ordered her to leave.

Indeed, we need to pray for indoctrinated doctors.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Wonderful news Englishman.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:31 pm

THANK YOU, LORD!

Rejoicing with you all!
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:56 pm

A lot of doctors cannot hear what you say if it does not conform to their model of what is normal. I had that experience when my doctor was adamant that I take a cholesterol lowering drug, despite that my cholesterol levels were already on the low end of the scale, so low it messed up the HDL-LDL ratio. I changed doctors.

The power of prayer is very real, which I know from personal experience.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Thanks or your responses, folks. Nice to be able to share some good news every so often! :D
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise