What Should a Naturist Call "Those Parts" Anyway

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What Should a Naturist Call "Those Parts" Anyway

Postby bn2bnude » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:33 am

Maverick wrote:NIV, ESV: private parts
NLT: testicles (of the other man--that's a significant note!)
NASB, HCSB: genitals
KJV: the "secrets" (and I wonder how many young KJV readers gawked at that phrase!)
More: http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/25-11.htm

I was going to ask which man's genitals were being grabbed, but I tend to think it's referring to the other man's. And, I hope this isn't too crude for this forum, can I just say I think it takes a lot of cojones for a woman to walk up and grab another man's? :lol: :roll:

I've got to give points to the New Living Translation (it is the translation I've been using lately so why not). Another not on the link you posted is "The Voice" which translated it "genitals".

Youngs Literal was interesting in that it translated it "his secret" as well. But again, it was translated in the early 1900s.

A novice knowing how to look up the Hebrew may not make me a Hebrew Scholar (and may make me dangerous) but the Greek here is:

1. private parts, his privates, male genitals
2. literally - 'that excites shame'

Making it look like it could be a cultural idiom that we have made more understandable.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism