"Members" with 0 comments

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

"Members" with 0 comments

Postby nudie66 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:40 am

As our administrator does his best to keep track of the users of Christian Naturist Village, I've always wondered if it's possible to remove accounts of people who've joined, yet never have left even a single post or comment. As I scroll through the list of members, far too many have a big Zero under the number of posts they've commented on, essentially proving their lack of interaction.

If these unused accounts were to be deleted, we'd have a more accurate list of participants. Is that possible?
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Re: "Members" with 0 comments

Postby webmeister » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:34 am

I am wondering if "1 posters" do so to be able to view the photo gallery or info about those that are registered. I think it used to be that one cannot view the gallery until they have posted many times...is that still the case?
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:32 pm

There are indeed a large number of people who join, look around and then determine that this is not what they are looking for.

There are another group of people who join and visit to read what other have to say, but never post themselves.

Then there are those who join, post an introduction, assuming they need that to view further into the site and perhaps the photo albums.

I suppose I could go back some period of time, say three years, and delete all accounts that have not been active and have not posted.

As I recall, there is no posting requirement needed to access the photo albums. However, the posts of a new member cannot be seen until five of them have been approved.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Maverick » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:35 pm

natman wrote:I suppose I could go back some period of time, say three years, and delete all accounts that have not been active and have not posted.

Perhaps you could do so for everyone below a certain rank, e.g. below Native or Permanent Resident and inactive for >3 years.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Upon taking a look at the recently joined members (click on "Members" in the top-right, then the JOINED column header on the far right), there are many bot-like accounts that appear. Here is one example:

Username: BenitoVi
Are You A Naturist: Yes
Are You A Christian?: Yes
What Denomination?: 436B86
Tell us about yourself.:
Hello!
My name is Lina and I'm a 20 years old girl from Jackson.

Note the male username, Benito, the inconsistency of age, and the unknown denomination of 436B86. There are other profiles like this on the list, and they all contain links to seemingly random articles or webpages.

Is there something we can do to prevent these kinds of accounts from popping up, even though they don't seem to pose any threat?
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:38 am

Maverick wrote:
natman wrote:I suppose I could go back some period of time, say three years, and delete all accounts that have not been active and have not posted.

Perhaps you could do so for everyone below a certain rank, e.g. below Native or Permanent Resident and inactive for >3 years.

By inactive do you mean "Last Visited" ? If someone has not visited for even a year, maybe two, then they are probably not coming back. If they do they can then register again..
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:03 am

While we are on the topic of ?QUESTIONABLE MEMBERS? we ought to consider what I call the "10 post wonders" These appear to have read the rules and see that they do not get gallery access until they have at least 10 posts. Accordingly they make 10 meaningless posts (often responding to those who have recently signed up, writing a few generic words of greeting such as "Hi there glad to have you here" in hopes of triggering the necessary quota to gain access to view or post, but they seem to never post after that nor show any real interest in the site neither naturism nor Christian nor do they ever post again and rarely if ever visit. A few may visit a few times and lurk but little else. Purging these out might also be considered, though I doubt it is a high priority issue.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:58 am

As a newbie myself, I'm probably taking great risks posting this; I do want to increase my ranking as there are several things I want to comment on but don't possess the requiste clout as yet. Most websites with forums must have a number of folk who register but don't do much else. I'm guilty of that myself; I've signed up for some motoring forums, mainly to ask questions or gain information about certain brands but I've not taken part in the forums; usually to avoid looking foolish! Of course, they didn't offer the chance to look at people without their clothes on.

An occasional clear out of seemingly defunct members may be a good idea. It would be a useful piece of information to park in the FAQ's, that's assuming everyone reads them. It goes without saying that such a clear out should not include me! :mrgreen: At least not until I've been dead a few years or have stopped contributing for a while!

Hmmm... Perhaps I will post some of the pictures of cars, aircraft, scenery & other O&E I have collected over the years; I have some really nice Art Deco ones. Whilst this is a naturist site & one should expect pictures of the naked it might be a good idea to post other stuff too (some of you may have done, I don't know as I haven't looked). That may stop folk thinking we can only function in one direction? It may also help with getting to know each other a bit?
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:08 pm

Englishman wrote:Hmmm... Perhaps I will post some of the pictures of cars, aircraft, scenery & other O&E I have collected over the years; I have some really nice Art Deco ones. Whilst this is a naturist site & one should expect pictures of the naked it might be a good idea to post other stuff too (some of you may have done, I don't know as I haven't looked). That may stop folk thinking we can only function in one direction? It may also help with getting to know each other a bit?

Off topic, but I'd be very interested to see any pictures of the above you mentioned, Englishman. If you go to my gallery you'll see that I posted a couple of pics of myself shooting an air rifle nude in my backyard (or "garden" as I believe you English call it :) ). I have somewhere a picture of myself playing guitar nude that isn't on this site now, but may be momentarily... if I can find it. :shock:

Back on topic...

webmeister wrote:By inactive do you mean "Last Visited" ? If someone has not visited for even a year, maybe two, then they are probably not coming back. If they do they can then register again..

Yes, that's what I meant. My reasoning on three years was, it gives someone ample time to come back after a long hiatus (for any multitude of reasons, like health, family, or even moving to someplace with little or no Internet), and I feel it's a pretty reasonable time period. Beyond three years and I agree, they're probably not coming back.

Bare_Truth wrote:While we are on the topic of ?QUESTIONABLE MEMBERS? we ought to consider what I call the "10 post wonders" These appear to have read the rules and see that they do not get gallery access until they have at least 10 posts. Accordingly they make 10 meaningless posts (often responding to those who have recently signed up, writing a few generic words of greeting such as "Hi there glad to have you here" in hopes of triggering the necessary quota to gain access to view or post, but they seem to never post after that nor show any real interest in the site neither naturism nor Christian nor do they ever post again and rarely if ever visit. A few may visit a few times and lurk but little else. Purging these out might also be considered, though I doubt it is a high priority issue.

I wonder what they aim to achieve anyway. If they're here to gawk, they can do that all they want on Google Images or the like, and have more gawk-worthy pictures there to boot!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Maverick wrote:I wonder what they aim to achieve anyway. If they're here to gawk, they can do that all they want on Google Images or the like, and have more gawk-worthy pictures there to boot!

Maybe they want to know what a naked Christian looks like :lol:
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:50 am

As a newbie, who is slow to post in the forum, I am also slow to speak in a new group. I take a lot of time to listen and observe the dynamics and culture of the group. Depending on how I feel about the group/board I may never say something or post or it may take six weeks, six months or six years. If I feel like my comment will be redundant or to similar to another's comment I just won't say anything. All that to say I'm sure a some point a purge should be in order, but maybe after trying to draw the people out. But hey that's from a guy who has only 10 posts.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Maverick,

When I see new members with obviously bogus profiles, such as the one you presented, I usually immediately delete them. They almost ALWAYS have a website in their profile and are here for one thing... to get someone to click on their site.

webmeister wrote:By inactive do you mean "Last Visited" ? If someone has not visited for even a year, maybe two, then they are probably not coming back. If they do they can then register again..

If they had been an active poster and stepped away for a while, then I typically will not delete their account because their posts are part of various threads. I have had people step away for several years and then come back as if nothing had happened.

For that reason, I typically do not delete anyone who has had several posts, even if they have been gone a while. It requires a considerable amount of effort to assure that threads are not broken.

Bare_Truth,

It has been a while since I have seen any of the ten-post-wonders on this site. I think it is because members have immediate access to the photo galleries. If they are only interested in looking at nude photos, they are soon disappointed and leave.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Maverick » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:44 pm

natman wrote:If they had been an active poster and stepped away for a while, then I typically will not delete their account because their posts are part of various threads. I have had people step away for several years and then come back as if nothing had happened.

For that reason, I typically do not delete anyone who has had several posts, even if they have been gone a while. It requires a considerable amount of effort to assure that threads are not broken.

:like: :D :like:
Thanks, Natman. Keep up the great work!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 pm

During the course of time as this strip grows, I had a CNV member send me a personal message, bringing to my attention that although some members have never posted a comment, they are active in sending personal messages to other members, which I think would keep their most recent log-in date quite recent. I even suggested they mention that in this here strip!
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:32 pm

nudie66 wrote:During the course of time as this strip grows, I had a CNV member send me a personal message, bringing to my attention that although some members have never posted a comment, they are active in sending personal messages to other members, which I think would keep their most recent log-in date quite recent. I even suggested they mention that in this here strip!

Whenever a person logs in, the system updates their "Last Active" date.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Questions about this website