First skinny dip!

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: First skinny dip!

Postby Maverick » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:42 pm

webmeister wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Time to put Operation Normalizing Nudity into action... :D

Maverick, is this really a covert plant :lol: Would like to hear about it if not too private :) Best of luck to you...what a joy it would be to convert your brother and enjoy naturism together...

Webmeister, I'm not sure how "covert" it will be, as I'm still materializing it... but I will say this: we will have an opportunity for skinny-dipping in a couple weeks. I plan to seize the opportunity and encourage him to do likewise. Stay tuned!

jjsledge wrote:Maverick
Maybe you could do the nude 5k coming up on Sept 16th at Bluebonnet Nudist Park near Decatur. They have 2 pools so you could skinny dip with other nudists, play water volleyball and soak in the hot tub and chat with other nudists. The following week-end the North Texas Christian Naturists will be meeting at the same resort.

I'd love to, Jerry, and depending on what family is doing on one of those weekends I may be able to make something happen. If not... then I aim to make the next event they have post-graduation, when I'll hopefully have a place of my own and not have to answer to inquiring parents. :roll: :)

I'm not a runner so I would favor coming to the latter. Thanks for the info!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:17 am

Maverick

The 5k is not about running. Most people walk or jog. It usually takes me about an hour to complete the course.
http://www.bluebonnetnudistpark.com/events/bayd/
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:16 am

Maverick wrote:I'd love to, Jerry, and depending on what family is doing on one of those weekends I may be able to make something happen. If not... then I aim to make the next event they have post-graduation, when I'll hopefully have a place of my own and not have to answer to inquiring parents. :roll: :)
I'm not a runner so I would favor coming to the latter. Thanks for the info!

Just strategizing a bit here with you Maverick, I have seen where the runner # gets tatooed (marker pen) on the arm or leg...might be tough to hide from those who you do not want to know where you have been :oops: Maybe jjsledge can shed some light on that for you...maybe a hang around the neck type of number holder...?
Hope all works out smooth for you.
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:59 pm

webmeister wrote:Just strategizing a bit here with you Maverick, I have seen where the runner # gets tatooed (marker pen) on the arm or leg...might be tough to hide from those who you do not want to know where you have been :oops: Maybe jjsledge can shed some light on that for you...maybe a hang around the neck type of number holder...?
Hope all works out smooth for you.

Appreciate the help! That is definitely something to consider.

One thing I will add regarding ONN (Operation Normalizing Nudity) is that my brother and I are both taking swimming and SCUBA courses in college this semester, so there will be a lot of locker-room nudity and showering together. This is something we've done before and I'm certainly not squeamish about.

My brother has a minor chest deformity called pectus excavatum (read about it here) that he is self-conscious about and hardly ever goes shirtless around non-family for the reason that others made fun of him in junior high and high school. Fortunately, he's been around more mature people who haven't said anything about it and that's improved things a bit. I hope to help him get comfortable with not only changing and showering around me, but also around the other guys we'll inevitably be in the locker room with. Hopefully the body-positive aspects of naturism may find their way into those conversations and interactions. :)
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:47 am

The marker washes off with soap and water, just shower after the race. You will need to shower before getting into the pool for water volleyball or using the hot-tub.

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby dv8 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:34 pm

Maverick wrote:My brother has a minor chest deformity called pectus excavatum (read about it here) that he is self-conscious about and hardly ever goes shirtless around non-family for the reason that others made fun of him in junior high and high school. Fortunately, he's been around more mature people who haven't said anything about it and that's improved things a bit. I hope to help him get comfortable with not only changing and showering around me, but also around the other guys we'll inevitably be in the locker room with. Hopefully the body-positive aspects of naturism may find their way into those conversations and interactions. :)
My wife and I had a good friend in Bible school* with this same condition, and he was moderately self-conscious of it. However, over the years we knew him and spent time together at the beach, water skiing, in plays with dressing rooms changing, etc. he got over it well. I hope that the more your brother has opportunities to see how little attention he gets from folks more mature than his junior-high bullies the less he'll be concerned. And a naturist setting should be just the ticket!

*Oak Hills Christian College in Bemidji, MN - called "Bible Institute" at the time we were there in the early 80s
dv8
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:44 pm

dv8 wrote:
Maverick wrote:My brother has a minor chest deformity called pectus excavatum (read about it here) that he is self-conscious about and hardly ever goes shirtless around non-family for the reason that others made fun of him in junior high and high school. Fortunately, he's been around more mature people who haven't said anything about it and that's improved things a bit. I hope to help him get comfortable with not only changing and showering around me, but also around the other guys we'll inevitably be in the locker room with. Hopefully the body-positive aspects of naturism may find their way into those conversations and interactions. :)
My wife and I had a good friend in Bible school* with this same condition, and he was moderately self-conscious of it. However, over the years we knew him and spent time together at the beach, water skiing, in plays with dressing rooms changing, etc. he got over it well. I hope that the more your brother has opportunities to see how little attention he gets from folks more mature than his junior-high bullies the less he'll be concerned. And a naturist setting should be just the ticket!

*Oak Hills Christian College in Bemidji, MN - called "Bible Institute" at the time we were there in the early 80s

Thank you, dv8. You said it!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports