SAFEGO portable safe

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

SAFEGO portable safe

Postby Maverick » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:40 pm

I saw this in my email today and thought it might be of interest to fellow naturists: https://www.thegrommet.com/safego-portable-travel-safe

From the product description:
SAFEGO is a portable safe you can take to the beach, pool, park, or even use at home. The strong ABS plastic is water- and sand-resistant. Attach the steel cable to your beach chair, picnic table, or any secure place that a would-be thief won’t—or can’t—run off with. Keep your wallet, phone, passport, jewelry, and other small valuables safe, anywhere.

Seems like it might make a good accessory, especially during social or public naturist outings.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: SAFEGO portable safe

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:44 pm

It does look like a good option at a reasonable price. Thanks Maverick.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:16 pm

Sorry to be skeptical but I'm not seeing this as an alternative. What is to keep the thief from just quietly folding up a chair and walking away? Or from just picking up the bike and walking away.
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:42 pm

I could see locking up my wallet and car keys, and attaching it to a tree or metal post or something else in a naturist area that cannot be moved. I enjoy taking long hikes when I get to my spot and prefer to not carry anything, wear anything (including footwear, eye wear, or cap), or worry about anything, like "Will someone bother my stuff while I'm out?" So far, so good, but I also practice very tight security, even when traveling to and from on my motorcycle, which is a different challenge altogether. Hey, that would work nicely on my bike!
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:29 pm

webmeister wrote:Sorry to be skeptical but I'm not seeing this as an alternative. What is to keep the thief from just quietly folding up a chair and walking away? Or from just picking up the bike and walking away.

No need to be sorry! You and I think a lot alike... always looking for the loopholes.

Like Don mentioned, I was thinking along the lines of attaching it to something stationary, like a pole or a tree. Although attaching it to a motorcycle would probably work equally well since motorcycles are kinda hard to carry off. (Although it has happened...)

Maybe we can discuss other security idea and arrangements for naturist outings, either here or on another strip.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Maverick wrote:
webmeister wrote:Sorry to be skeptical but I'm not seeing this as an alternative. What is to keep the thief from just quietly folding up a chair and walking away? Or from just picking up the bike and walking away.

No need to be sorry! You and I think a lot alike... always looking for the loopholes.

Like Don mentioned, I was thinking along the lines of attaching it to something stationary, like a pole or a tree. Although attaching it to a motorcycle would probably work equally well since motorcycles are kinda hard to carry off. (Although it has happened...)

Maybe we can discuss other security idea and arrangements for naturist outings, either here or on another strip.

I remember reading about the guy that drove into the woods to hike naked, got out put clothe sin the car and closed the door...YEP You guessed it. I don't remember the outcome but I bet it cost him a bit at the glass shop :oops:
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Don, I also thought of but didn't address the issue of someone walking away with the bike or chair but your suggestion of anchoring to something more secure is a good one.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:12 pm

It actually gave me a good idea. I have a metal lock box with a combination lock. It's about the size of a small shoe box. I have no use for it and if I can find it ( :? ) I think I can rig a cable through one end to serve the same function. I just need to figure out how to allow one end of the cable to lock and unlock from the inside, and still be pulled through a hole. No problem though - I've already got some ideas. (Maybe even permanently attach a heavy ring and just use a bike lock or something. Even hide it inside one of my saddle bags with the bike lock going through the bag and around the bike somewhere. Oh, the possibilities.)

Hey, does that violate some patent? Please don't tell anyone.

Maverick wrote:Maybe we can discuss other security idea and arrangements for naturist outings, either here or on another strip.

Yeah, I'd be interested in hearing about other possibilities on how to secure private property while 'naturisting.' The way I figure it, as long as I can secure my keys, I can get into my car where I have extra stuff. Wish I had exterior combo door locks on my truck (my wife's car has 'em).

I just remembered, there is this: https://padlocks4less.com/hitch-safe-key-vault/. But I guess you have to have a receiver hitch.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:35 pm

The Safe-Go people missed an opportunity in their advertising picture. the standard cable shown is long enough to go through the frame of the bicycle and through the wheel making it both a safe and a bicycle lock. they really ought to offer it with an extra long cable to do the bicycle lock idea even better. Through the frame and wheels and around an anchor and it would have a fairly high security value. But of course it is defeatable if someone has a cable cutter. obviously if the safe itself is plastic it is a low level security device. Since it is allegedly sand and water proof, on the beach, you could bury it under your beach blanket and just leave the cable up enough to go around the chair leg. So you don't forget it. As for fastening it to a chair,try fastening it to two or more chairs. burying it or hiding it in a pocket in the towel add safety by not leaving it in plain sight.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:53 am

Converted one of my fire safes by buying a length of cable and using the crimp type locking devices (ferrules). You need a special tool or a hammer to "crimp" them.The ferrules are the same type that are used on aircraft control cables. Made a loop on one end to feed the cable through and a single ferrule to put inside the safe. Filed a small groove in the edge of the safe. Wrap the cable around what ever you want the safe secured to, through the cable loop, open the safe, set the cable in the groove and lock the safe. Check the hardware stores in your area for all the parts needed. You choose the size and length of the cable and any excess cable can just be coiled in the safe.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:05 am

The old fashion low-tech way for security is obscurity. Hide in plain sight.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism