All-female Lord of The Flies remake

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: All-female Lord of The Flies remake

Postby Maverick » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:49 pm

I recognized the reference. Still read the book and enjoyed it. :D
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Since we're still talking about this, just who do you think Golding portrayed as lord of the flies? Who were the flies? Was some thing anthropomorphized as a god? Or was the lord of the flies an ethereal social statement? Just curious. The story seems to generate several considerations and conclusions. Or maybe just one. Kind of like Don McLean's American Pie.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:36 am

This might be totally wrong, but I thought that the boys were the "flies," and the "lord" was the overarching "society" that the boys created. It's kind of like a big playground battle, where kids rule by might, not right.

There's almost an Edenic aspect to the story, too. All starts out relatively well (not quite perfect), then quickly falls apart until (spoiler alert) someone of authority, from outside, steps in to save them (like God steps in to save us?).
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Nude News