Becoming a naturist

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Becoming a naturist

Postby IreneF » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:02 am

I'd have to say I'm becoming a naturist, and I love what I'm becoming. This part of my journey began after my faith took an almighty blast and was shattered beyond description. I'm pleased about that because it has changed from being that of a blinkered, very small-minded understanding of God to something that is embracing so much more of life - including a clear awareness of the beauty of God's creation, this body of mine - and that of others. I often go naked at home, and I'm currently trying to locate a public site near me where I can experience much more this lifestyle.

I would very much like to meet other Christians nearby - I live in Queensland, Australia - but that will take a miracle. God is in the business of miracles, so perhaps it will happen.

I'm on an incredible journey of faith and discovering so much more of the joy of life, knowing our awesome God and worshipping him in the nakedness with which he has made me.

I love him - and I love what lies ahead.

Irene.
IreneF
New Comer

Re: Becoming a naturist

Postby webmeister » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Amen to all you have written Irene. And God said it was good - satan has turned society to the fact that the naked body should be seen as sexual and turning many against the beauty of God's creation. So many have bought into this fear of seeing nakedness or being naked...Hope you find the joy of the freedom that God says is good.
Welcome to the Village...
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Well said, Irene. Glad you're with us. Welcome to the Village from North Texas!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Irene, I'm so sorry to hear about your past experience(s). Believe me when I say, "Join the crowd." Been there, too, but I'm sure for other reasons than yours.

Naturism has been very good for me. I describe it as therapeutic and indeed it is. I hope your journey reveals this for you as it has for me. And I hope you are able to find someone "down under" with who to enjoy Christian fellowship,especially as a naturist.

Looking forward to hearing more from you! God bless.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

On November 7, 2017, I will be in Sydney and that day of the tour is scheduled as a free day, so I am planning a visit to visit Cobbler's Beach. A long way from the USA, but I have never been to a nude beach.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:08 am

Welcome Irene! :)
naturist
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 am

Irene,

First off, welcome to the Village and I hope you are able to grow in your faith and understanding of God while here.

Unfortunately, it often takes some catastrophic incident to wake us up about the importance of understanding God and our relationship to Him. Most of the time, it is the loss of a loved one, the fall into sin to the point that there is no way to look but up, or the sensation of helplessness or hopelessness at the hands of others. It sounds like this may be the case for you, forcing you to review everything you were taught or assumed about our wonderful God and Creator.

One of my wife's favorite verses is Isaiah 43:2
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."

I am sorry you went through what you did, but it sounds like you have come through on the other side much stronger and wiser when it comes to your relationship with God.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby naturaldon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:58 pm

What Natman said, and his wife's favorite verse... :like: :like: :like:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm

Welcome again, Irene!

"...I love what I'm becoming."

Wow! I love to read statements like that! You are obviously discovering that, far from being the "corruption" many of us were taught it is, simple social nudity is in fact a liberation and a joy and a reconnection with God's world (including our fellow naked humans!).
:like:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Are you a naturist?