Culture colored glasses

Ask the question you always wanted to ask, and were afraid to. There is no dumb question. Be courageous, for here you will find people ready to talk.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby nalj » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:04 pm

If indeed god created us to not me proud. Then how is it that we buy clothing which is designed to make us look good. What man buys a suit that is not intended to make him look best. What woman does not want a dress which is attractive on her. All that is designed to hide and be proud. When we are physically naked before God and man :shock: the pretense disappears. And when we open with our feelings and emotions we step even closer to our creator. :D
Redeeming His Image
nalj
Permanent Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:01 pm

Why indeed, nalj? We would do better not to conform to this world's ideas of clothing and fashion, but to let the Holy Spirit renew our minds so that we can accept others and ourselves as we are, naked and unashamed.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nalj » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:26 pm

As I visited with one of my Christian Naturist friends not long ago. He expressed how he was better able to relate to God without the pride of the clothing. I indeed do believe that all the world teaches is in spirit to move away from God by attitude or action. But God designed the foolish things of God to lead us out of the corruption and into His presence.

Just maybe CN is to be a small outside the norm group. Thus, the seekers of knowing Him will not have their vision of Him clouded by the acceptable actions of this world.

If anything leads to pride then it leads away from God. If His purpose for us is to know Him then the things that leads to pride is evil.
Redeeming His Image
nalj
Permanent Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:09 pm

Outside the norm, for now--but I'd love to see those norms change. :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nalj » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:46 pm

John,
I too, would love to see the norm change. It needs too. But, God will always be found somewhere outside the wisdom of man. This is just one of I am sure many more places where "Aslan" can be found.

Blessings,
Russ
Redeeming His Image
nalj
Permanent Resident

Re: Culture colored glasses

Postby RMOlson » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:54 am

Updating a YouTube link to the mikvah:
https://youtu.be/PGfvqBl-3Ao
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi folks,

I simply wanted to say thanks for this; it has been an encouraging read & opened my eyes to stuff I had ansolutely no idea about. It has certainly helped me in my understanding of Christian naturism. Now, if only I could get the chance to share some of this amongst a wider audience!
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:52 pm

Englishman wrote:Hi folks,

I simply wanted to say thanks for this; it has been an encouraging read & opened my eyes to stuff I had ansolutely no idea about. It has certainly helped me in my understanding of Christian naturism. Now, if only I could get the chance to share some of this amongst a wider audience!

Agreed, Englishman!

This is an older strip I've never read through before. There was mention of what Ruth was (or wasn't) wearing; does anyone have a link to that information? Everything else, including information on the mikvah and the Fig Leaf article about communal Roman bathing was fascinating.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Unanswered questions about Christianity