"Mega Church"

Ask the question you always wanted to ask, and were afraid to. There is no dumb question. Be courageous, for here you will find people ready to talk.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: "Mega Church"

Postby Petros » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:57 pm

In other words, these serve a serious purpose just as do the small "clinic" churches like the one my erstwhile pastor felt trapped in.

Both jackhammer and scalpel are useful tools.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:30 am

Petros wrote:In other words, these serve a serious purpose just as do the small "clinic" churches like the one my erstwhile pastor felt trapped in.

:like:
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:00 am

Petros wrote:In other words, these serve a serious purpose just as do the small "clinic" churches like the one my erstwhile pastor felt trapped in.

Petros, please expand upon the term "clinic church".
Not quite sure what that is... (guessing the analogy: large hospital (for the soul) vs. little neighborhood clinic???)
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:26 pm

The pastor's complaint - which could haved been a boast:

People variously wounded come to the church. After a time, with growth [ingroup joke] and feeding and tending their wounds they heal. Then they leave to go join a larger body, leaving this one as a recovery ward.

"clinic church" seemed a handy description.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:56 am

Regarding donations to any charity or church, my practice since the 1970s has been to use something like Billpay. The receiver usually gets the check and prosses it as any other received. All have records of the cash flow.

The full amounts go to the receivers, unlike the credit/debit cards. :cross:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Unanswered questions about Christianity