Hello from South Louisianna

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby Strandloper » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:18 am

Hi, Hymie –
being a Christian is a matter of the world turning upside down, because your values are not those of the world.
We are not suggesting that you put yourself in a positon where your church will shun you.
Some naturists have been put in that position through circumstances beyond their control, but we hope and pray that this is a situtation you will not be put into.
Take things slowly, and you may be surprised at how well everything turns out.
Shalom,
Strandloper
Strandloper
Native Resident

Postby John » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:23 am

Welcome Hymie,
This is a little late but welcome to the village. I know exactly your situation in fact your story sounds just like mine. My wife doesn't mind if I enjoy being clothes free at home but she won't go to any resorts. I agree with the other post, just go slow and may be she'll try it. I'm praying that someday my wife and I can enjoy being naturists together. What part of Louisianna are you from? I was born and raised in Port Arthur Tx. now in the Huntsville Tx. area.

John
John
Permanent Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:24 am

Hymie,

Let me add my welcome and suggest you check out this article on Stumbling Blocks. There is a similar one on Fig Leaf Forum as well. By the way, both sites are great resources.
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Hymie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:01 am

Thanks again guys,

Taking it slow. That is exactly what I am doing. I read the article on stumbling blocks, bn2bnude, and agree with the writer. However, it is interesting that after Paul's report to the Jerusalem church that gentiles were being saved without adhering to the Jewish laws, he went along with the restrictions that the church proposed on gentiles that had to do with eating things abhorrent to Jews. I believe this was to create a climate where Jews and Gentiles could fellowship together and develop relationships. Paul later even had Timothy circumcised so that when he went into a synagogue, the attention of the Jews there would be on his message and not on his gentile helper. My concern is that in making myself known as a naturist, I would be known not as "my dad" or "my Sunday school teacher" but " that nudist". Any influence or relationship I may have had will go down the tubes. I will defend my view that nudity is not evil if the subject comes up, but I will not bring the subject up.

p.s. Baton Rouge area, John.
Hymie
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:24 pm

Hymie wrote:Taking it slow. That is exactly what I am doing.

Hymie, that is PRECISELY what you should be doing, and definitely praying all along the way.

Hymie wrote:My concern is that in making myself known as a naturist, I would be known not as "my dad" or "my Sunday school teacher" but " that nudist". Any influence or relationship I may have had will go down the tubes. I will defend my view that nudity is not evil if the subject comes up, but I will not bring the subject up.

That is precisely what we do, although my wife is often the one who mentions our "naked time" to other members of the church. I believe that if God wants us to talk about it, He will open the doors. As such, I have had several opportunities to discuss the differences between "good nudity" and "bad nudity" within our adult Sunday School classes, this last Sunday being one of them. The concepts are generally well recieved and I have NEVER had someone say anything negative or even give me even a sideways glance.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Hymie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:49 pm

Can you tell me of the discussion you had this last Sunday?

I know there is a woman in our church who has spoken of her husbands habit of sleeping and walking around the house nude and my wife has intimated the same about me to her. But I have not heard of anything beyond that. I am curious about what was said in your class.
Hymie
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:01 am

I talked about it in depth in this post...

http://www.cnvillage.org/viewtopic.php? ... &&start=15
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby longshot954 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:03 pm

and ain't it great?!! nothing like it. Hope to find a church with like minded people. talk about freedom to worship! am also hoping my girlfriend gets into it, she's open to nude weekends at home with me, but not among others....yet
Longshot in TX
longshot954
Permanent Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:22 pm

Well, we'll pray for her eyes to be opened, longshot. :) :pray:
jochanaan
Councillor

Re: Hello from South Louisianna

Postby Sasqwatch » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:57 pm

A little late to the conversation, but I am also from south Louisiana! It's been two years since this topic was commented on, how goes your journey? Has your wife joined you yet?
Sasqwatch
Permanent Resident

Postby Barefoot-Steel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Well, talk about being late to the party, I see that you joined CNV in 2008 and your last visit was in 2010, so it's a real long shot whether you get my welcome or not ... nevertheless, from a fellow Louisiana guy, a belated welcome to the village here.

I've read a few of your posts and enjoyed them and your input. It would be refreshing to see your fellowship in the village again. Here is hoping that all is well on your journey as a Christian Naturist and that your days are filled with blessing.

Jim --- in the Baton Rouge area ...
"This is the day that the Lord hath made ... I will rejoice and be glad in it."
"How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace..." Romans 10:15
Sincerely, Jim (Barefoot-Steel) :-)
Barefoot-Steel
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:10 am

Here is another reading old posts and actually working a page of old posts and a page of new trying to get the posts all read in time.

Remembering to pray for one another, HEY Yesterday WAS the first Wednesday of the month. Did you pray for that special person in your life :?:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Are you a naturist?