Can these bones?

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Can these bones?

Postby Petros » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:15 am

Hmm - my sometimes inconveniently quirtky mind visualized an assembly line packing fish skeletons, chicken bones, and marrow bones in tin cans.

Leaving that to ferment - It is November. My work which officially died in November, still goes on precariously, approaching the point where the one remaining project is done and/or funds run out.

Can the org adapt enough to draw in fresh funding in time? Can I find alternative support? God knows.

Pray for my family managing to maintain a lifestyle, pray for the org finishing its assigned tasks.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Can these bones?

Postby jude700 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Will pray for you, Petros.

We need a few pray smilies

:lol: :cross:
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:32 pm

The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley;
it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry.

He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”

Then the Lord revealed his power to Ezekiel (and someday soon to Brother Petros and all assembled here at CNV)...

In conclusion:

I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land.
Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’”
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:54 am

Life is a phoenix, new trees rising from the decaying logs. The cycle continues.

In the org - I see I typoed dead in November, the real date was the end of September - there are signs that new life may sprout from the ashes left by the forest fire. A couple of the defunded projects are actively seeking support, and even talking restructuring to improve our chances and our performance. I and my team have completed one month - rather strained, since we lost almost two weeks in negotiations and beginning our seciond. Quien sabe? Thou knowest, Lord.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:58 pm

I am praying for you and your team, Brother Petros.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby jimmy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Where can we send PayPal support funds?

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:48 pm

As a young lad, I had a creek to cross on my way to school every morning.
I hopped from tipsy rock to tipsy rock, nimble as a mountain goat until I reached the other shore, suede shoes still dry as any of my classmates.
In adult life, I too have creeks to cross and I find myself hopping from company to company, supporting the same client, same end users.
I greet my customers as I arrive saying, Good morning! I am Ramblinman from Acme Data Crunchers!"
Some of the old timers reply quizzically, "Why hello, old friend! But I thought you were with Mega Circuit Busters?"
Then I explain that yes, I was but they folded and have ceased to be, but I remain like Old Man River, still doing the same thing for the same people.

So Brother Petros, may you leap from rock to rock as well, with shoes undampened by the rushing waters of uncertainty.

Of course when the creek was high, I took off shoes and socks, rolled britches up to my knees and waded right across anyway!
If the water were any deeper, I reckon I would have shucked off my britches entirely to make my crossing, but the creek rarely requires that.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:42 am

jimmy wrote:Where can we send PayPal support funds?

Jimmy

Seriously? I'll have to ask - I do as little of even my own finances as I can get away with - my Maureen is the accountant in the family. But thanks - appreciated.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:48 am

Ramblinmnan"
So Brother Petros, may you leap from rock to rock as well, with shoes undampened by the rushing waters of uncertainty.

I have had arguably fewer hops. but I have seen it. A prof came into my life urging me to go to the UK as I was finishing my BA - but I was committed to UCLA. Just as it became clear I could not stand it there, a prof on the spot joined the first and got me in in London. Later a very congenial colleague got me in as faculty in Michigan; later a friend found me a spot in Wisconsin just as Michigan was deciding I was not fitting in. There o colleague blocked my "non-retention"; then I left and a relative got me in to the org just as I was jobless.

I usually use the flying trapeze analogy - but the rocks crossing the stream work just as well. I hop and trust.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Prayer