progression of education

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

progression of education

Postby DaveT » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 am

Since joining in 2012 I've gone from not sure I want to identify with naturism, to a resounding YES I DO!! In common with Adam and Eve and in anticipation of joining them in eternity. With the same desire as I desire to join Jesus in heaven for eternity. It all goes together. God's master plan finally fulfilled, man as nude gardener in paradise.
DaveT
Native Resident

Re: progression of education

Postby Petros » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:44 am

The question for me has always been the other one - will naturists recognize me as their kin? My colleagues generally speaking neverf have seen me as one of them, and of course over at NC Father William could not recognize me as Naturist Christian.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 am

Petros wrote:The question for me has always been the other one - will naturists recognize me as their kin? My colleagues generally speaking neverf have seen me as one of them, and of course over at NC Father William could not recognize me as Naturist Christian.

Brother Petros, from what I have seen of your deportment on this board and the civil discourse in naturist hot tubs, you would exclaim "Eureka!" if you should ever find the means to participate in nudist fellowship, particularly among some of the Christian nudists I have met.
I know the proprietor of the other site you mention.
Without defending all his actions online, I can say that it is much easier to sit down with him in person and hash things out.
The nature of online forum discourse robs us of eye contact and nuance. Typing suits me well, but for some people, brevity of communication, as personified by typed forum posts, comes at the expense of clarity.
But I will be the first to say that he and I differ fundamentally on the nature of Christianity and we are at an impasse so painful that I refrain from participation "over there".
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:16 am

Petros wrote:The question for me has always been the other one - will naturists recognize me as their kin? My colleagues generally speaking neverf have seen me as one of them, and of course over at NC Father William could not recognize me as Naturist Christian.

I think the naturists here recognize you as our kin. Yes, Brother Bill may have difficulties with your posts, but I suspect he still recognizes you as kin. I have my differences with him also, but he welcomes my Christian pacifist stance.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:41 am

I would gladly have had collegial interaction with him - I would still, but he fears the uncanny and has barred the door.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 am

Jim wrote:

I think the naturists here recognize you as our kin. Yes, Brother Bill may have difficulties with your posts, but I suspect he still recognizes you as kin. I have my differences with him also, but he welcomes my Christian pacifist stance.

Jim,
I find it interesting that here on CNV, Christian pacifists and those persuaded otherwise can remain in cordial dialogue.

Other issues that led to communication breakdown:
When we simply admitted that the Holy Bible teaches that homosexual behavior is a mortal sin.
When we discuss the scriptures that underlie the view that Mormons, Oneness Pentecostals and Jehovah's Witnesses are all apostate cults.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Other issues that led to communication breakdown:
When we simply admitted that the Holy Bible teaches that homosexual behavior is a mortal sin.
When we discuss the scriptures that underlie the view that Mormons, Oneness Pentecostals and Jehovah's Witnesses are all apostate cults.

Not to mention continuing revelation, inerrancy/infallibility, un-Biblical philosophy...

I think the cool thing about this group of naturist Believers is that we are each unique in our beliefs yet believe in the One True God and His Son, Jesus. Therefore, we are brothers (and sisters)!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:13 am

Not. of course, that siblings after the flesh necessarily can discuss calmly and compassionately!
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Petros wrote:Not. of course, that siblings after the flesh necessarily can discuss calmly and compassionately!

Well, I can speak from experience with my own brother... I don't always agree with him, don't always like him, but always love him.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 am

Perfectly true - including the brother who will speak to me only in dire emergencies.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:49 pm

There is a critical mass of folks in our Village who are committed to civil discourse on any subject. That's why I like being here.

Brother Petros, any time you're in the Denver area, let me know so I can invite you to our nude Bible study. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Are you a naturist?