Getting out of clothes

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Getting out of clothes

Postby balaam » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 am

I was going to call this getting into nudism, but it is just getting out of clothes.

I have skinny dipped. In isolated places with my wife after dark, and from a public beach which was not officially clothing optional, but was used as such. But that was on holiday in Spain, a lot of beaches are unofficially clothing optional in Spain. I would like to skinny dip more.

Then there's clothes. Sometimes I just don't feel comfortable wearing them, jeans, especially can be scratchy to the legs. I could be that I'm sensitive due to Asperger's Syndrome, or it could be that people get used to wearing uncomfortable clothing. These jeans are scratchy... <pause> ... ah, that's better.

I've started visiting the local naturist club, they have a swimming pool all year round. Skinny dipping is better in moving water, but this is perfect for winter. I'm even getting used to social nakedness.

An I a naturist? Not yet, but I'm getting there.
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Re: Getting out of clothes

Postby nudie66 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:45 pm

I first skinny dipped when I was in high school - roughly 35 years ago, in my parent's backyard pool. I felt the need to make certain that no neighbors were home. I'm sure if they had seen, my parents would've been told.

It must be wonderful to have a naturist club nearby. My closest nude beach is 2 hours away, requiring it to be a whole day trip, and having an entire day without any responsibilities to contend with is rare. Any other nudist resorts are even further away. Not much naturist activity here in the southern end of New Jersey.
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:13 pm

nudie, where there's a beach and reasonable warmth there's a good chance to find a place to skinny dip. Just avoid the resorts.

My nearest beach, if I go either east or west, is about 70 miles, 2 trains away as I do not drive. The club is a 35 minute cycle away, or if the weather is less good 45 minutes by a bus and walk or two busses. That is convenient, I can go whenever I like.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:46 pm

It's getting to be the time of year when I don't mind wearing clothes for warmth. However, I started something new this year in that instead of sleeping nude under bedsheets and blankets, I sleep nude in a fleece sleeping bag on cold nights, and throw a blanket on top if needed. I may wear a pair of socks, but that's it. Wish I'd thought of this arrangement earlier!

I wear jeans that are one waist size larger than I am and cinch a belt to fit. When shorts are inappropriate or impractical, a well-worn pair of jeans is my go-to.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:44 am

Maverick wrote:It's getting to be the time of year when I don't mind wearing clothes for warmth.
Me too. Hypothermia is such a bad look at any time of year.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:57 am

Maverick wrote:I sleep nude in a fleece sleeping bag on cold nights, and throw a blanket on top if needed.

I'll add an extra blanket on the bed, and lie on that instead of directly on the cotton sheets. Sheets "hold" the cold, but the blanket doesn't.

balaam wrote:nudie, where there's a beach and reasonable warmth there's a good chance to find a place to skinny dip. Just avoid the resorts.

Unfortunately, just about every town in the USA has anti-nudity laws, especially in NJ. Any attempt at skinny dipping on a beach here would result in someone calling the cops. That's one downfall to everyone having cell phones on their person.
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Even in counties like the England, where there are no laws against being naked in public (to be prosecuted for indecent exposure there has to be evidence that you intended to cause offence. The police tend to bring public nude people into the police station as the ordinary policeman seems unaware that nudity is not criminal.

Skinny dipping is best done weekdays during school hours as you can show that you at least did not intend to be seen by minors who should be in school.
balaam
Native Resident

Return to Are you a naturist?