Literal interpretation of Bible helps churches grow

What does Christ teach about the issues of life? Make sure you back up your opinions with scripture, and always be courteous and polite in talking with others.<P>Only Permanent and Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Literal interpretation of Bible helps churches grow

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:32 am

Petros wrote:There is also the question of the church's role - not in the eyes of board or bishop or minister, but in God's. Knew a pastor, renegade charismatic Lutheran. Good Christian, effective pastor. Always bothered - people in need come, join his group, recover, grow, then leave, so he never has a BIG VIBRANT HEALTHY church. I point out to him, what;s to worry, God has put you in charge of a much needed clinic. But he still felt he should have numbers and "success"

What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? They are servants through whom you believed, as the Lord has assigned to each his role. I planted the seed and Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.… I Corinthians 3:5-7

Your pastor did what God equipped him to do.
Now a congregation does need discipleship, and Lord willing, an "Apollos" will enter the scene.

Naturally this leads me to these thoughts:
Then He said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest.” Then He said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest.” Matthew 9:37-38
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Christianity and Ethics