Hello all from North Texas

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Hello all from North Texas

Postby natman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Lionheart wrote:Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I started out here then got caught up with work and family. Hope to be more involved this time around. It's great to be back.

I can see that it has been just over a year since you originally signed up.

Welcome back!
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:00 am

Natman, it has been just at a year. I got a slow start but I'm trying to make up for lost time now! Looking forward to being able to post in some of the other topics soon with enough posts.
Lionheart

Postby balaam » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:11 am

Hello from a grey and cold England.
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:27 am

No need to apologize for the delay, it's January throughout the northern hemisphere and we could use one more soul here to throw a log on the fire and tell us a rollicking good tale. Welcome back! It may also be January in the tropics and southern hemisphere, but not the sort of January I am experiencing right now.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby OzTech » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 am

Nope... we're not experiencing the sort of January you are Ramblin'... January in Oz , even Southern Oz, is pretty nice (or perhaps I understate that)... actually it's probably a bit better down my way than up in the tropics... i.e. not so humid (or monsoonal) and even the days it doesn't make 30 C (86 F) are still quite balmy. We had 42 C (~108 F) here the other day... perfect day to do without the extra (or any) layers. The Far North Queensland is ideal in September or October rather than now.

Was a little worried about getting sunburned today but I think I just tanned a bit instead. We registered 31 C this afternoon. Tomorrow... 35 C

Hmmm... must try and get to Point Impossible beach sometime for some skinny body surfing... maybe next week... I'll be down that way for a day or two then... but the forecast temperature is not ideal for those days. <Sigh>
OzTech
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:16 am

OzTech,

I am about the same latitude North as Sydney is South, but am much further inland, so winters are probably harsher at my house.
I hear that the southern latitudes are colder than their northern hemisphere counterparts, but everywhere in the world proximity to the ocean makes for cooler summers and warmer winters.
When I head due east to the coast, I can take one look at the palms and subtropical vegetation to know that they are in a warmer life zone than back home.
Well, New England is bathed by the frigid Labrador Current, but even snowy New England has milder winters than deep in the interior of the continent, say Minnesota or North Dakota.

Texas is huge and has all sorts of climates. While grapefruit ripen in the hot sun near Brownsville, the snow lies deep in the dry grassy plains of Dalhart. When it is raining in the piney woods near Nacogdoches, the arid winds send the sand and dust high into the sky around the sun-baked rocks and cacti of El Paso.

Here in the Southeast, we are having two days of relative warmth, topping out in the low 60's F, (about 16 Celsius), then two days of cold rain and back to the deep freeze, hoping the rain is gone before everything freezes again.
I think if there's a lesson, its to get your kit off on the rare day when its pleasant or wait three months when every day is a winner.
Three months is a loooooong time. Today is the day to enjoy the mild weather!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:47 am

OzTech wrote:Nope... we're not experiencing the sort of January you are Ramblin'... January in Oz , even Southern Oz, is pretty nice (or perhaps I understate that)... actually it's probably a bit better down my way than up in the tropics... i.e. not so humid (or monsoonal) and even the days it doesn't make 30 C (86 F) are still quite balmy. We had 42 C (~108 F) here the other day... perfect day to do without the extra (or any) layers. The Far North Queensland is ideal in September or October rather than now.
If temperatures were regularly over 30 C in summer there would be a lot of Brits complaining. anything over 20 C is good with no layers, it depends what you are used to. Here our average July temperature is 15 C (that's 59 F).

Just now we are enjoying a warm (for January) 7 C. (44 F).
balaam
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:30 pm

Well, at least the rain is warm!
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:33 pm

balaam wrote:If temperatures were regularly over 30 C in summer there would be a lot of Brits complaining. anything over 20 C is good with no layers, it depends what you are used to. Here our average July temperature is 15 C (that's 59 F).
Just now we are enjoying a warm (for January) 7 C. (44 F).

Balaam, there would be a lot fewer Brits complaining about 30C (86F) if they would do a few simple things:
1. Get those clothes off! Let your body do its job unhindered. That said, a hat might provide welcome shade. Caps are okay, but a big straw hat casts more shade.

2. My granny always used to say, "Mad dogs and Englishmen, out in the noonday sun!" If you live in a hot climate, you learn to plan your day: strenuous work in the morning or after tea time.

3. Now that the temperatures are high and you are naked, why not have a good swim? That'll cool you right away!

4. In the heat, don't eat what you ate when it was cold. Salads, fruits, and a tall glass of water are a better choice, not pork pies and fish & chips!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Texas is huge and has all sorts of climates. While grapefruit ripen in the hot sun near Brownsville, the snow lies deep in the dry grassy plains of Dalhart. When it is raining in the piney woods near Nacogdoches, the arid winds send the sand and dust high into the sky around the sun-baked rocks and cacti of El Paso.

You're right about that!

We tend to complain when it gets above 90º F (32º C), but we also complain when it drops below 50º F (10º C). I for one will take heat over cold any day, especially if I can be nude, but I guess that's because I'm acclimated to it.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Maverick wrote:We tend to complain when it gets above 90º F (32º C), but we also complain when it drops below 50º F (10º C). I for one will take heat over cold any day, especially if I can be nude, but I guess that's because I'm acclimated to it.

I was standing on icy gravel in the drive talking to our neighbor this past Monday. Had been running my equipment since it was a balmy 40-some degrees. Had to put on sandals to run the 4-wheeler. Not because it was cold but because the foot boards are spiky. :lol:

I guess we all acclimate to something!
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:16 pm

I'm wanting a decent snowfall. Straight from the sauna to making naked snow angels.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:58 am

That weather map illustrates my complaint about network TV weather reports, in general there is no west coast in the US. The Weather Channel sequence is typically East, South, East, commercial, East, Midwest, East, commercial, East, Northeast, East, Commercial, long station break, and then repeat. The only mention of the West is when the weather is truly extraordinary. By the way, The Weather Channel is headquartered in Atlanta. What would it be like if they were headquartered in LA or Seattle?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:06 am

New_Adventurer wrote:That weather map illustrates my complaint about network TV weather reports, in general there is no west coast in the US. The Weather Channel sequence is typically East, South, East, commercial, East, Midwest, East, commercial, East, Northeast, East, Commercial, long station break, and then repeat. The only mention of the West is when the weather is truly extraordinary. By the way, The Weather Channel is headquartered in Atlanta. What would it be like if they were headquartered in LA or Seattle?

As the song goes, "It never rains in California, it pours, man it pours!"
But generally the Weathercaster Union has to keep their members busy by having them cover fires and earthquakes.
There simply wouldn't be enough actual weather to keep them gainfully employed.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Please Introduce Yourself