Biophilia and Gymnophilia

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Biophilia and Gymnophilia

Postby Petros » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 am

God did not plan for more than that to be assured to us.

When one asserts X is or Y is not God's plan, I always hear Pastor Jerry quoting his seminary professor: where stands it written?

I do not profess to know the details of the Plan.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Just sayin what everybody knows, but choose to ignore.

A society, whole world now, depending on a finite resource for its upgraded lifestyle, cant last any longer than the resorces do. Something has to change as those finite resources get depleted. Either significant colapse and degrading of lifestyles, or new inventions replacing the resource dependant technology. I have researched inventions and found they already exist, as of over 100 years ago with many workable new ideas and inventions since then. But all of them banned from manufacture if they so much as begin to threaten big oils grasp on the worlds energy needs.

But God has a plan, and is putting it in motion now through certain people. His people who choose to follow Him. In time, maybe not too much, things will start going bad on earth, eventually so bad everyone will know it is destined for complete anialation if God doesnt step in and fix things. Which He will do, but not how men plan for it to happen. Because those few people who get blamed for blocking Gods work, are actually the ones he favors and will rescue. The Bible prophecy pictures beheading and death decrees for the favored of God, just before the final scene of His return, when He shows up and effectivly cancels the death decree at the very moment it was to take effect.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Petros wrote:
God did not plan for more than that to be assured to us.

When one asserts X is or Y is not God's plan, I always hear Pastor Jerry quoting his seminary professor: where stands it written?

I do not profess to know the details of the Plan.

It is important to know where what is written for what one will believe is. I don't neglect that. But am I supposed to share all the passages I can find, when it is thought that there aren't such there, and then maybe scriptures are not checked so much? I can't be sure that there is faith to accept it. But if it is there, without going to more trouble digging them up, I will just mention Genesis 1 shows what God's will is for us in this world, and commandments God gave later do not contradict that, and Revelation 11:18 shows what God does not want from our choices in this world. If God meant civilization for a blessing to us, I can't find that in the scriptures, but there is much from civilization that is shown to be displeasing to God.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:57 am

I absolutely agree that civilization, as I understand it, may not be precisely your definition is a disease whose effects have God uttering the famous line, This hurts me more that it hurts you.

At the same time, if anything in it were changed, anything added, anything subtracted, God would not have established this as the best of all possible worlds.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:45 am

Brother Petros, to claim that civilization cannot be improved upon seems a rather difficult position to defend.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:43 am

The claim that civilization has throughout history been a hideous blight is very easy to make and defend - I have made it and defended it for years.

But does anything - good or bad - happen without God's knowledge and outside the parameters of what he chose at creation?
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:51 am

Petros wrote:The claim that civilization has throughout history been a hideous blight is very easy to make and defend - I have made it and defended it for years.

But does anything - good or bad - happen without God's knowledge and outside the parameters of what he chose at creation?

Only for Presbyterians and a few others who drink John Calvin's Kool-Aid.

Consider the possibility that God both knows the future and lets it unfold with a bit of free will.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:32 pm

baresoul wrote:It is important to know where what is written for what one will believe is. I will just mention Genesis 1 shows what God's will is for us in this world, and commandments God gave later do not contradict that, and Revelation 11:18 shows what God does not want from our choices in this world. If God meant civilization for a blessing to us, I can't find that in the scriptures, but there is much from civilization that is shown to be displeasing to God.

Petros wrote:At the same time, if anything in it were changed, anything added, anything subtracted, God would not have established this as the best of all possible worlds.

Ramblinman wrote:Brother Petros, to claim that civilization cannot be improved upon seems a rather difficult position to defend.

Petros wrote:But does anything - good or bad - happen without God's knowledge and outside the parameters of what he chose at creation?

There is no argument in this contrary to the case that Yahweh God is sovereign and will ultimately accomplish his will. But I still don't go along with it meaning that this is the best of all possible worlds. That puts on God all responsibility for what things God gave all of us responsibility for. If human civilization is ruining the world's order, that is our responsibility. God can judge that, but we don't have to remain a part of that. If we pursue betterment without that contribution to worsening to the world's systems, God will honor that, but then we should start with that, and not just remain with what we are doing, even if we justify ourselves with saying it is as good as it gets, we can't really make a difference for anything better. That isn't from God.
baresoul
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism