Non-gnostic with naturistic tendencies

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Non-gnostic with naturistic tendencies

Postby NudeDude92 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:37 pm

Ramblinman wrote:I am very disappointed in R.C. Sproul, but I guess it is a lesson to us: Do not uncritically accept the word of even the most brilliant Bible scholar. Search the scriptures! Learn the culture from which they came.

Regardless of the source (the source being man), this should always be the response. We are admonished to be as the Bereans. Search the scriptures to see it something is true.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't your sport.
NudeDude92
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Ramblinman wrote:I am very disappointed in R.C. Sproul, but I guess it is a lesson to us: Do not uncritically accept the word of even the most brilliant Bible scholar.

Our daily Bible study is Tabletalk from Ligonier Ministries and we have pretty much all of Dr. RC Sprouls' books. I tend to agree with him on every point with the exception of support for infant baptism. His argument is that "baptism" is the sign of the New Covenant. However, Jesus Himself, as He presented the wine representing His own blood, indicated that His BLOOD spilled on the cross was the sign of the New Covenant. Baptisms (mikvahs) occurred for hundreds of years before Christ entered the world, as ceremonial cleansing in order to transition into Judaism.

Ramblinman wrote:Search the scriptures! Learn the culture from which they came.

The implied word here is "You" search the Scriptures...

"(You) study the Scriptures to show yourself approved."
"(You) give to the poor."
"(You) feed the hungry."
"(You) give shelter to the homeless."
"(You) visit those in prison."
"(You) clothe the naked." (Except naturists enjoying the sun warming their bodies :D )
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 am

natman wrote:The implied word here is "You" search the Scriptures...

"(You) study the Scriptures to show yourself approved."
"(You) give to the poor."
"(You) feed the hungry."
"(You) give shelter to the homeless."
"(You) visit those in prison."
"(You) clothe the naked." (Except naturists enjoying the sun warming their bodies :D )

Nathan,
That is the underlying problem!
Lazy Christians who want pastors and Bible teachers to do all the direct study and encapsulate it in a Reader's Digest fashion, but certainly not free of speculation and even prejudice.

And pastors who demand to be revered as "Christ on Earth", every word from the pulpit speaking Ex Cathedra, vox Dei.
We should never consent to membership in a church like that.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:58 pm

I was thinking more of lazy Christians and lazy churches who let the "government" do the things that Christians and the Church are SUPPOSED to do. :(

Unfortunately, the "government" tends to pad everything they do with copious layers of bureaucracy and expense. :argh:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Maverick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:37 pm

I too am a big Sproul fan (haven't read any of his books but I like his lectures that I've seen), but just the same I take what he or anyone says and compare it against what I know that the Bible says. Be a Berean, like NudeDude said. :like:

We saw that earlier this week with the Pope's apparent comments on there not being a Hell. :o :?:

I may have misquoted or misinterpreted the blurb from the ESV Bible (it may have been the Reformer's Study Bible or something like that), but that's what it seemed to say to me.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Are you a naturist?