Prayer for my son

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Prayer for my son

Postby Petros » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:22 am

I am reminded of a family I knew; daughter had no trouble, son wound up beating up his dad. Praying.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:53 am

My wife and I will continue praying.

We're curious as to how Jadon came to live with you at age 2. I once was a foster parent, many years ago, and cared for a 2 1/2 year old for a few weeks who had witnessed violence from her parents before NJ's DYFS put her in foster care. Memories certainly scar a young child.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:09 pm

nudie66 wrote:My wife and I will continue praying.

We're curious as to how Jadon came to live with you at age 2. I once was a foster parent, many years ago, and cared for a 2 1/2 year old for a few weeks who had witnessed violence from her parents before NJ's DYFS put her in foster care. Memories certainly scar a young child.

All three of my kids came to live with us as foster children. The oldest is now 30, she is A beautiful mom and wife! Jadon and Aaralyn are actually birth siblings. They came into the system because of abuse and neglect. We and the state physician documented more than 25 scars on his body at 25 months old Aaralyn was 8 months old. After almost a year in our care the birth parents relinquished their parental rights and we adopted them. We had several other foster children as well.

Jadon has always acted out, sometimes violently, as a toddler he broke my nose by head butting me. He has always had a “need” to protect himself and provide for himself, a clear orphan mentally. It is just becoming worse and more violent. The whole family has to keep anything of any value locked up or he will steal it, and many times still finds a way.

He has not tried to hit my wife yet, but has tried to punch me about 4 times but only connected once, this past February. Most times I have been able to hold him until he calms down. I love him! And am heart broken for him.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:21 pm

My heart goes out to you; all of you. I will keep praying.
Englishman
Native Resident

Re: Prayer for my son.

Postby jude700 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:04 pm

Having a family member move out with these circumstances is called tough love. :cross: And it is tough. :(

EWTN has a family counselour who talked about this problem Saturday 7 April.

Your family is on our prayers. :pray:
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Re: Prayer for my son.

Postby RMOlson » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Jude, do you know the link to the talk?

jude700 wrote:Having a family member move out with these circumstances is called tough love. :cross: And it is tough. :(

EWTN has a family counselour who talked about this problem Saturday 7 April.

Your family is on our prayers. :pray:
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:45 am

Try "LIVING RIGHT WITH DR. RAY :?: "
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:29 pm

An update:

My son continues to run away for several days and then come back, lie, become violent and steal. He has now expanded the incidents of theft to outside the immediate family. He has a new therapist because the last one feared for our safety and Jadon's safety(from himself) so DFACS got involved and assigned him one therapist and a life coach from a contracted agency. DJJ is involved again, because he bashed in our basement window, so, he will have a court date and a PO assigned to him. According to GA law we are required to supply him with an attorney. I feel like every time he does something wrong we are punished.

It is taking a toll on the whole family. My wife is always emotional and stressed, my youngest daughter is afraid of him, and I have to make a real effort not to turn inward. I see myself avoiding friends, building relationships and other things I enjoy.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:08 pm

Will continue to hold you & family in prayer :pray:
God Bless.

Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:23 am

Thank you so much for the update & your honesty about your own feelings. I will be praying; to start with, that God will grant you the grace & wisdom to lead your family through this.
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:53 am

I'll continue to pray.

As I mentioned, we have an adult son with somewhat similar troubles although less stealing and no violence. That must be hard. Our son's been hospitalized 3 times this year, diagnosed bi-polar. So far, when he's been taking his medicine, he's done fairly well. He's now decided he only needs 1/4 the dose of the medicine and is planning on heading to Thailand soon. We have needed plenty of our own support. There are several in our church we can talk to regularly and in depth. We've also found a nearby NAMI support group. You might want to look into them; they have a fair presence in Georgia: https://www.nami.org/Local-NAMI?state=GA
Jim
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:55 pm

Thank you Jim, Englishman and Jude!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Worship in Prayer