Inactive purge

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Inactive purge

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:25 pm

If on an international trip my computer was lost that could do the trick, especially if TSA confiscated it. Does that mean I and all my contributions could vanish from the Village? Or if I should kick the bucket and due to funeral arrangements travel times etc. and my son wanted to post an obituary for me and my naturist history, I might also have vanished before he could get to it.

No, it is not that bad at all. What I did was label a three-ring binder with the term "Bucket List" and write out what my survivors should do. The first page says, "Do not sweat the details, just get the body in the ground and do the items on the list in the order listed." Included are envelopes labeled for weeks one, two, and three; where the money is; what the user id and passwords are for a hundred different accounts; all the locations of the things and stuff; a thousand dollars in cash; and a checkbook for the trust account, for which my son is the designated successor trustee and whose signature is on file with the bank. (I hope he misses me a little.)

As for the computer, go buy two external hard drives with a USB interface, copy all the important configuration and data files to one of them, and then store it some place that is secure and miles away, such as a trusted friend or relative, in your storage locker, or a safe deposit box. The following week do the same thing with the other one, and then alternate between the two each week.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:42 am

A few years ago a movie was released about two daughters who were estranged from their father.
When he dies, they jointly inherit a naturist resort that he owned.
The girls were new to the concept of naturism, much less the practice thereof.
Although the movie reportedly has some humor that is not family-friendly, I like the basic premise.
However, it would have been better if the father had been able to introduce naturism while the kids were still young and he was present to guide them into this way of life.
While that would have made for less drama in the movie, in real life, I hate to hear about parents who keep naturism an "adult secret".
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:59 pm

I bought that movie, it was "Act Naturally" and was filmed at Olive Dell Ranch.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:59 am

To those who may be concerned, we do not purge accounts that have been inactive for 2-weeks. However, periodically, we do purge accounts that have never posted at all if they have been inactive for a couple of YEARS.

I also monitor new users to insure that they are actual real people and not mere robousers that want to use this site for advertising.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nudie66 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:47 am

natman wrote:To those who may be concerned, we do not purge accounts that have been inactive for 2-weeks. However, periodically, we do purge accounts that have never posted at all if they have been inactive for a couple of YEARS.

I also monitor new users to insure that they are actual real people and not mere robousers that want to use this site for advertising.

Do you have a way to see if a member uses his CNV email regularly, while never posting to the forums?
I transfer camcorder tapes & other analog media to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:01 pm

natman wrote:To those who may be concerned, we do not purge accounts that have been inactive for 2-weeks. However, periodically, we do purge accounts that have never posted at all if they have been inactive for a couple of YEARS.

nudie66 wrote:Do you have a way to see if a member uses his CNV email regularly, while never posting to the forums?

nudie66, there is no CNV email, so I think you mean private messaging.

But there is a better way: when a member merely logs on and visits the CNV forum, that alone triggers an event and issues a time stamp of the visit.
No need to make a post, just logging on is sufficient.

The other forum Nathan manages (using same phpbb bulletin board software) does not allow users to browse the forum without first logging in.

By contrast, CNV forum is visible to lurkers, (those who do NOT log in), so without monitoring IP addresses using cookies or beacons (assuming no IP Spoofing), the Webmaster has no way of measuring these specific very important site statistics. People flush cookies and beacons all the time.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:45 pm

How can users report new users with questionable profiles?
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:38 am

Ramblinman wrote:nudie66, there is no CNV email, so I think you mean private messaging.

Ahhh, you're right - my bad. If it was email, we'd have an email address. :duh:
I transfer camcorder tapes & other analog media to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Please Introduce Yourself