The Blue Lagoon

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Blue Lagoon

Postby Maverick » Sun May 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Don't know if this movie has been discussed here before, but I watched The Blue Lagoon from 1980 for the first time yesterday, while home alone and nude. Aside from some mediocre acting and dialogue, I enjoyed it. Lots of nudity or near-nudity, male and female. Some sex scenes, but all done tastefully in my opinion.

Anyone else seen it?
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: The Blue Lagoon

Postby webmeister » Sun May 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Yep darn good movie Mav. So full of innocence. Thought there was a 2nd movie too or remake...
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:00 am

Saw it long ago when it first came out and enjoyed it, though I’d not yet discovered nudism and can’t recall much of it.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue May 08, 2018 10:43 am

Yes, it has been discussed, but we can always discuss it again. :D

GREAT movie!
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jude700 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Of interest, Brooke Shields wore band aids over her budding breasts :duh: for the filming and Christopher Atkins was her co-star. The music score was Love Theme (Emmeline)

Was based on the 1908 novel The Blue Lagoon by Henry De Vere Stacpoole.

It was X-rated when first released.
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby nytro » Tue May 08, 2018 4:08 pm

My wife and I watched it again a few months back, and I had forgotten just how much innocent nudity there really was in this movie.

My wife has joined me in visiting a few nudist facilities over the last few years. She is currently in the mindset that she will never do that again, however even in this current way of thinking, she thought the nudity in the movie was fine.
Rob
<n><
nytro
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Wed May 09, 2018 1:57 am

Loved that movie. It is one of my favorites ... saw it when it first came out and have it on DVD along with the sequel, Return to Blue Lagooon. Being able to spend time on a tropical deserted island always has been a fantasy of mine.
naturist
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:53 am

TCM/MGM has a Tarzan series this Wed. AM. The pool scene got me wondering why Jane is nude while Tarzan wears his lion cloth? Maybe to hold his knife? That seems to be his only implement.
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Wed May 09, 2018 2:25 pm

naturist wrote:Loved that movie. It is one of my favorites ... saw it when it first came out and have it on DVD along with the sequel, Return to Blue Lagooon. Being able to spend time on a tropical deserted island always has been a fantasy of mine.

I read something about cannibals on the other side of the island...don't think I would like that fantasy - it's only a move right????
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed May 09, 2018 7:56 pm

jude700 wrote:Of interest, Brooke Shields wore band aids over her budding breasts :duh:

I read she glued her hair to them. :roll:

jude700 wrote:Was based on the 1908 novel The Blue Lagoon by Henry De Vere Stacpoole.

I may read that in the near future.

jude700 wrote:It was X-rated when first released.

If nudity were not an issue, it would easily be PG-13 I think.

I guess now I can say I've officially seen an X-rated movie. :lol:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Thu May 10, 2018 2:01 am

webmeister wrote:
naturist wrote:Loved that movie. It is one of my favorites ... saw it when it first came out and have it on DVD along with the sequel, Return to Blue Lagooon. Being able to spend time on a tropical deserted island always has been a fantasy of mine.

I read something about cannibals on the other side of the island...don't think I would like that fantasy - it's only a move right????

Yeah, that's true, but as Paddy told them when they were little "It's the Law! you never go to the other side." And then of course in the sequel, you have to deal with the pirates too! :argh: Maybe it wouldn't be as nice as it first sounds. :lol:
naturist
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat May 12, 2018 10:25 am

Maverick wrote:Don't know if this movie has been discussed here before, but I watched The Blue Lagoon from 1980 for the first time yesterday, while home alone and nude. Aside from some mediocre acting and dialogue, I enjoyed it. Lots of nudity or near-nudity, male and female. Some sex scenes, but all done tastefully in my opinion.

I have seen this movie and agree with your assessment, Maverick.
Wooden dialogue, slow story line and a rather lonely bittersweet tale at that.

But, they got a couple or three important things right:
Showing the practicality of a largely clothes-free life in hot weather. It looked very natural and appropriate for the setting.
Showing people living in a certain degree of harmony with nature.
Showing the beauty of a tropical island and the beauty of the human body.
In their budding love relationship, much of the angst comes from the fact that the teens lack adult guidance and had some wacky notions from the Victorian age to overcome.
But they did sort things out eventually.
It's been a while, but as I recall, the sex is mostly implied rather than in-your-face.
As they express their growing intimacy, it is done naked, but in the context of a life of tribal nudity.
The overwhelming portion of their nudity is non-sexual, just everyday life on a tropical island where no tailor lives.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism