Naturist Living Show

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Naturist Living Show

Postby Maverick » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Don't know if this has been shared before, but today while doing a menial task I started listening to the Naturist Living Show podcast, hosted by Stéphane Deschênes, the owner of Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park in Ontario, Canada. I'm listening to the episodes chronologically, and the first three were great. Looks like they cover some interesting topics, including Christianity and naturism, which I'm looking forward to hearing.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: Naturist Living Show

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 am

I’m also listening to them I’m order for the last couple of weeks. I’m up to 2016. I’ve listened to the older ones at least 4 times, however some of the newer ones I’ve only heard once. It’s a great show with lots of good information. I believe he would describe himself as a nominal Anglican from several of his comments throughout the show. Som of his guests definitely have an anti religious bent to their comments, however that’s not surprising considering the way religious groups have treated them in the past and even today, but Stéphane is always very inclusive in his comments and even seems to recognize the contribution of Christian Naturists to the philosophy and promotion of the movement. It’s a very good show and definitely worth the time to listen.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Neal » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi. I've been listening to the Naturist Living Show podcast for some time and always find it interesting. The host does a great job interviewing people. Thanks.
Neal
Neal
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:31 pm

nakedpreacher, I agree with your assessment. I'm only seven or eight episodes in but really enjoying them so far. They make the daily commute much more enjoyable, even to the point that I don't mind being stuck in traffic. (He said what?? :lol: )

Neal, I also agree that Stéphane is a great interviewer. He asks good questions and lets his guests speak until they are through answering. He also has a very pleasant voice. Maybe all that's because he's Canadian. :)

I think I've mentioned this before in the Village, but I hope one day I can make it up to the Great White North and visit Bare Oaks. Listening to this podcast has only increased my desire to go.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Maverick wrote:Don't know if this has been shared before, but today while doing a menial task I started listening to the Naturist Living Show podcast, hosted by Stéphane Deschênes, the owner of Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park in Ontario, Canada. I'm listening to the episodes chronologically, and the first three were great. Looks like they cover some interesting topics, including Christianity and naturism, which I'm looking forward to hearing.

Totally agree with all you say Mav, would like to visit their location in Canada some day:) Not sure they are making new podcasts though...
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:17 pm

[quote="webmeister"]Not sure they are making new podcasts though...[/quote
He fell off for quite a while around 2015, but he has a new person who volunteered to do all the editing for him and is again releasing new episodes. He tends to release them in bursts now instead of one per month. For me that’s no problem because I binge listen anyway
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:49 pm

IMHO it's one of the best things out there promoting naturism. It's a shame AANR,TNS or any of the other nudist organizations don't have similar podcasts.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:49 pm

nakedpreacher wrote:
webmeister wrote:Not sure they are making new podcasts though...

He fell off for quite a while around 2015, but he has a new person who volunteered to do all the editing for him and is again releasing new episodes. He tends to release them in bursts now instead of one per month. For me that’s no problem because I binge listen anyway

Me too! I listened to 2.5 episodes today (slow day at work ;) ).

jasenj1 wrote:IMHO it's one of the best things out there promoting naturism. It's a shame AANR,TNS or any of the other nudist organizations don't have similar podcasts.
[/quote]

I agree with that, too. Stéphane himself has said this, but the fact that it's audio only means that people who just want to see naked people aren't the people who listen to the podcast. I think The Naturist Society disbanded, though...?
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:17 am

Maverick wrote: I think The Naturist Society disbanded, though...?

That's the first I've heard of anything like that. Their website is still up, and I think something like that would be pretty big news in naturist circles.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:48 am

Just recently got my new membership card from TNS.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:57 pm

jasenj1 wrote:
Maverick wrote: I think The Naturist Society disbanded, though...?

That's the first I've heard of anything like that. Their website is still up, and I think something like that would be pretty big news in naturist circles.

Apologies for the confusion. It was Young Naturists America (YNA) that disbanded.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:54 pm

Just wanted to update y'all: a new Naturist Living Show episode was posted three days ago. Looks like Stéphane has been busy with other things, including a new website: https://www.naturistlivingshow.com/

I'm still working my way through the "back catalogue" of episodes and they do not disappoint. If you spend a lot of time in the car or just have free time to listen to something, I highly recommend checking the podcast out.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:06 am

This is great Mav, thanks for the update :D
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:29 pm

I think more attention to nudism and naturism in media is good for body freedom as a movement, and with attention and awareness with media exposure, especially in a really good light, there is what is needed for nudism and naturism to really grow, as it should. And it can spread among more Christians with that.
baresoul
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism