Trip report, Cedar Creek Resort

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Trip report, Cedar Creek Resort

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:47 pm

My wife and I went this last Saturday to Cedar Creek Resort, in Pelion SC. It is an adult only resort, though it is an AANR club and espouses AANR values. This is not the first time we have been to an adults only resort, four years ago we went to Living Waters Spa, though to be fair, living waters truly is a Spa environment rather than a resort environment. The atmosphere at Cedar creek was definitely a party atmosphere. There was a lot of alcohol consumption and a somewhat sexual undercurrent, though it may have been only a few people who gave it that feel. I can’t point to any occurrence that gave us that feeling, and most people were great, however my wife and I both felt that we didn’t want to be there after the sun went down. Facilities were nice and well maintained. They have an outdoor and an indoor pool and hot tub. We went for a walk down to the creek which was nice and the trail was clear and well maintained. We may return in the future, just because it’s so close, and on the chance that the weird vibe was an isolated incident. On the bright side my wife did sunbathe topless and swim with me nude, which is a big step for her. On this trip I’d give it a 6/10. If we do go back I will update my rating based on the atmosphere, that being the only detracting factor.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Re: Trip report, Cedar Creek Resort

Postby webmeister » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:34 am

Thanks for the reporting nakedpreacher :)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:17 pm

I understand that some would enjoy a couples-only resort, but I prefer what I like to call "full-spectrum campgrounds".
By that I mean, grandparents, empty-nest couples, dating young couples, middle-aged couples with teens or children in tow, babies even and of course singles too.
By having a demographic profile that resembles any other campground, it creates an environment that I like best.
Nudists tend to be friendly and form tight-knit communities, so that does make it BETTER than a conventional campground.

It seems like wherever I go, there are a few hard drinkers but they are easy enough to avoid.
I have most of my fun by day at the pool, sand court or hiking trail.
Then I might retire to the tent site, get a good night's rest and head home in time for church the next morning.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:49 pm

Ramblinman, I agree, while adult only resorts are great if the atmosphere is set for relaxation, when it is a party atmosphere things seem to be different. Perhaps the adults only stipulation attracts a different crowd. The addition of families at the resort definitely makes a difference in the feel. I think in the future we will seek out family resorts. We may go back simply due to proximity (it’s 25 minutes from our house) but we will be wary while there.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks for the report nakedpreacher.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:58 pm

nakedpreacher wrote:Ramblinman, I agree, while adult only resorts are great if the atmosphere is set for relaxation, when it is a party atmosphere things seem to be different. Perhaps the adults only stipulation attracts a different crowd. The addition of families at the resort definitely makes a difference in the feel. I think in the future we will seek out family resorts. We may go back simply due to proximity (it’s 25 minutes from our house) but we will be wary while there.

I know it is a little further for you, but you might want to give the two Georgia parks a try: Bell Acres Resort and Serendipity Park.
I haven't had the money to take a vacation in recent years, but these two places have been traditionally family-friendly.
I think the best atmosphere for family nudists is during the day in the public areas. Am not too keen on the nighttime events anywhere.
Most of the folks at night are not wild, but smoking is common in the club house and that's a deal-breaker for me.
Lung trouble runs in my family and I need clean air.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:03 pm

My wife is the same way with smoke, one whif of it and her airway constricts, then she ends up with an ear infection.
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports